DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 does not see, recognize, read SDcard

billy750cc

Reactions
The card/s is a Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3 A2. I have 2 of these cards. Every time I turn the drone off I have to pop out the card and reinsert it a couple of times before the card pops up under the camera/SD card menu. It did not do this when the drone was new. I had no problems. Then it started having problems so I bought a second card. Both cards have been formatted in the MA2. Still when I turn the drone on I have to remove the card from the MA2 and reinsert it a couple times until the drone recognizes it. I have tried formatting the original card to ExFat on mac, and formatted on a Pana GH4 camera and still got the same result. The cards work on the mac and the cameras. Does anyone have a fix for this. I read these cards work well with DJI products. I am going to try a diff brand card next. Any suggestions. Firmware is up to date. Thank you in advance.

Don't know if this is your issue, but I noticed sometimes after putting the microSD card in, that in replacing the little rubber cap, it would push the card in too far again and cause it to pop out and thus giving me a "no SD card" error.

I don't think so, I have to push in the card to get it ejected.
I'll confirm by leaving the cover off and cycle it off and on.
Thx

The card/s is a Sandisk Extreme 64GB U3 A2. I have 2 of these cards. Every time I turn the drone off I have to pop out the card and reinsert it a couple of times before the card pops up under the camera/SD card menu. It did not do this when the drone was new. I had no problems. Then it started having problems so I bought a second card. Both cards have been formatted in the MA2. Still when I turn the drone on I have to remove the card from the MA2 and reinsert it a couple times until the drone recognizes it. I have tried formatting the original card to ExFat on mac, and formatted on a Pana GH4 camera and still got the same result. The cards work on the mac and the cameras. Does anyone have a fix for this. I read these cards work well with DJI products. I am going to try a diff brand card next. Any suggestions. Firmware is up to date. Thank you in advance.
I have this exactly this problem, too - see my thread: Mavic Air 2 Fails To See MicroSD Cards Over 32Gb (sorry, I didn't see your thread before starting mine).

In my case, DJI Support have decided it is probably a hardware issue, and sent me a UPS shipping label to their repair centre in Holland under UK 12-month warranty, but I am looking for a fix to avoid sending it away.

I am having the same problem. Given that the MA2 can see the card after ejecting and reinserting (N times), it is hard to see it as a hardware problem. I, too, would prefer not to have to invoke the warranty.

I am having the same problem. Given that the MA2 can see the card after ejecting and reinserting (N times), it is hard to see it as a hardware problem. I, too, would prefer not to have to invoke the warranty.

Should be easy to narrow it down:

Try it with multiple cards - if other cards work, the issue is probably the original card.

If no other cards work and they all exhibit the same behavior, the issue is probably the drone.

ALWAYS format the cards in the drone though (or whatever device they will actually be used in thereafter), never with a different device or computer.

The weird thing with mine was that it was OK with cards up to 32Gb, but wouldn't recognise anything larger (all the DJI recommended Sandisk Extreme etc). Almost as if the end 'addressing' contacts weren't working. Cleaning the slot carefully didn't work.

In the end I sent it back to the DJI repair centre in Holland (from the UK), using their pre-paid shipping label. They found that the main motherboard was faulty and replaced it (the bill was a few hundreds of pounds, but I had a warranty so didn't need to pay anything).

All OK now, and they sent me a spare set of rotors back with it, for my trouble :) (or because COVID regs demanded the testing rotors had to be send back to the one customer). It now sees 128 Gb Sandisk Extreme cards reliably.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I've been having good luck with a Kingston CANVAS Go! Plus 128GB lately.

More recently a SanDisk Pixtor 64GB has been reading. It was in a cheap Nikon gopro knockoff someone gave me. I just stuck it in the MA2 and it read it no problem.

I hope something better than the tiny micro SD comes along. It always seems like a weak spot in the design of drone memory.,

Just make sure whatever card you are using has a minimum sustained write speed of around 20MB/s or higher. Note that this has absolutely nothing to do with the theoretical maximum instantaneous read/write speeds the manufacturer advertises on the card and/or packaging itself. Look for a U3 / V30 designation on the card to keep up with the ~15MB/s bitrate of the Air 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos