DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 doing something weird...

Javierz0509

Reactions
As I was going forward I pressed the stick to go up, are those erratic movements normal while is ascending and forward at the same time....? Also as a press the RTH button the drone would go to its designated altitude and come home but then it stops and went up more and keep doing that all the way, stopping and going up.

sorry guys i hope you guys understand what i am trying to say...

Strange how you can see the motor in shot, did you have another camera on the MA2 ?
Your probably not seeing that step motion normally as the gimbal compensates for it in the camera view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
If you are referring to the pitching of the craft at the beginning part of the footage, it is likely that obstacles were detected so the craft braked to avoid collision. This is consistent with the RTH behavior mentioned in your post earlier. Try flying the craft in sport mode in which obstacle avoidance is turned off and see if the problem will vanish. May be there is some problem with the front sensors.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited:
Not sure about the movements of the MA2 while going up and forward, mine probably does the same thing. ?

The 3 axis gimbal is doing a fine job on keeping the image level.

The stepping up in altitude on the RTH is something I have read here before recently so your not the only one.

Do a search of the Forum (magnifying glass, top right).

Strange how you can see the motor in shot, did you have another camera on the MA2 ?
Your probably not seeing that step motion normally as the gimbal compensates for it in the camera view.
I'm thinking his gimbal was stuck or something which was not letting it smooth things out. I've never seen my motor in the camera.

That video is a testament to just how insanely effective the MA2's gimbal is at stabilizing the camera.

Dragging your finger on the screen to pan and tilt the camera is quite clearly explained on page 28 of the manual. Rather useful for confirming that your front props are still attached to the motors in flight!

DJI_0028.MP4 - 00;10;57_ScrnCap.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: natgild
That video is a testament to just how insanely effective the MA2's gimbal is at stabilizing the camera.

Dragging your finger on the screen to pan and tilt the camera is quite clearly explained on page 28 of the manual. Rather useful for confirming that your front props are still attached to the motors in flight!

View attachment 123665
Amazing how many people were told to read the manual, then read it again and verify aircraft functions with aircraft in front of them for understanding and system options :oops: And: Rather useful for confirming that your front props are still attached to the motors in flight!
Not really....Your going to know in about a 1/2 a second if you don't have props attached in flight without seeing them...and by then not much to do about it :p

Gimbalpan.jpg

Last edited:

I'd love to hear the story on your avatar pic.

Reactions: MA2 317
... are those erratic movements normal while is ascending and forward at the same time....? Also as a press the RTH button the drone would go to its designated altitude and come home but then it stops and went up more and keep doing that all the way...
...it is likely that obstacles were detected so the craft braked to avoid collision.
If you flew that flight with a version of the DJI FLY app lower than 1.2.2 it's possible to confirm any breaking's due to OD sensor outputs out from the mobile device .TXT log (app versions from 1.2.2 & higher aren't accessible right now due to a new encryption).

If on the correct app version ... go here & read up on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.) attach it then here in a new post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy