DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Dropped When Takeoff at Night

Josiah S

Reactions
Tonight, about 5 min. ago actually I decided to take my Mavic Air 2 for a night flight. There were a lot of large fires around so I decided they would look interesting from the air. I set my drone up normally and there were no abnormal things going on. The only thing it said was the normal to dark for vision sensors stuff. I always hand launch and catch, so as normal I did that. Thankfully I was kneeling when I launched it so it was closer to the ground. I throttled up and let go of the drone. As soon as I could have my hand away it just dropped. As far as I can tell nothing was damaged, but it scared me because it smacked on our concrete roof pretty hard. The only warnings after that were, still the low light for vision sensors and another one that said, impact detected, motors stopped. I am very confused at what happened and that was the last thing that I was expecting to happen. Thank you for your quick replies in advance.

Thought: Can you not hand launch it at night because the vision sensors can't see anything?

I am going to try to fly it at sunset tonight. Hopefully all goes well. Does anybody have any ideas on what happened?

Thought: Can you not hand launch it at night because the vision sensors can't see anything?

That's a possibility.

Don't forget about the landing light that can be turned on / off with the controller when flying at night.

My Spark doesn't have a light on the bottom and when I tried to land at night, it came down faster than I expected and had a hard landing.

Tried it again with a flashlight shinning on the landing spot and the Spark landed as designed.

Ok. It just dropped when as far as I can remember I was throttling up.

Ok. It just dropped when as far as I can remember I was throttling up.
Something similar happened to me! Please make sure your AUX Led is on during takeoff and don't move your hand until it's 20 meters above it, as it might try to stabilize according to your hand using the VPS downward sensors. Same for landing!
Also make sure you have GPS when taking off

Something similar happened to me! Please make sure your AUX Led is on during takeoff and don't move your hand until it's 20 meters above it, as it might try to stabilize according to your hand using the VPS downward sensors. Same for landing!
Also make sure you have GPS when taking off
This is a very old thread…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143