DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Fall out of the sky. Why?

I have not been able to find the DAT files for the MA2.I do not have a folder called MCDatFlightRecords

Not on the mobile device as per post #18 ?

Edit . . . doh ! So obvious you looked on the mobile device, the aircraft is fish food !

What's needed is the Mobile device DAT log ... not the aircraft one. Read in the end of post #13.

Maybe aftermarket props?
Ever month is once ever few hours. I’d say that is excessive but maybe you have prop-stocks and want to drive up the price?
Honestly don’t know but thanks everybody for the advice I will use it on my mini 3pro

Looks to me like the right-front motor got stuk with a piece of string/fishing line.

Attachments

• Piece of string 01.jpg
    Piece of string 01.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Piece of string 02.jpg
    Piece of string 02.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Piece of string 03.jpg
    Piece of string 03.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 40
  • Piece of string 04.jpg
    Piece of string 04.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 40
My Mavic air 2 quite literally few out of the sky. I did find the cached video of the last 15 seconds and I also have the "flight log?" if thats what its called. Received a motor unable to rotate error as the drone fell into the water. Any help?
I was looking at the video you posted frame by frame and somehow you hit what looks to be fishing line there is a section that shows the line clearly wrapped around your motor as it was falling.

Attachments

• fishing line.png
    fishing line.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 19
As observed by @tribar the video appears to show fish line being wrapped around the motor. In addition the incident occurs after about 3 seconds of full down throttle and the MA2 had accelerated to a 4 meters/sec descent. If there were a fishline attached the MA2 may have dropped into the fishline. @flyacadia was the MA2 dragging something on the end of a fish line?
1650141711391.png

As observed by @tribar the video appears to show fish line being wrapped around the motor. In addition the incident occurs after about 3 seconds of full down throttle and the MA2 had accelerated to a 4 meters/sec descent. If there were a fishline attached the MA2 may have dropped into the fishline. @flyacadia was the MA2 dragging something on the end of a fish line?
View attachment 146843
Think the line got into the motor earlier than that ... it's visible already 8sec into the cached video, could have been there for a while.

It's seen shortly here, to the right one third down ... that spot in the video looks to be around at 489sec in the log.

First off WELCOME to the forum. I wish it were under different conditions.

My personal thoughts on Prop Changes: Unless you have reason to believe there is a problem (visual, tactile, or otherwise) our props on these aircraft can last a VERY long time. I have flown for over 2 years on the "Factory" props and I would call myself a very Frequent Flyer. The more you "Swap Props" the more variables you're introducing and increasing your odds of a prop failure IMHO. If it's not broke no need to go fixing a problem you don't yet have.

So long as you aren't "impacting" anything with your props and you're not seeing any stress indicators you should be fine with running the props for many many hours. I'm NOT suggesting to not closely inspect your props before EVERY flight but I would not be replacing them just due to high time on them.
Same. I only changed props on my Air2 recently, after 3000km on them due to vibration caused by the blade hinge being somewhat worn.

It seems mavic props have two points of failure notwithstanding a crash: tabs and blade hinges. I check for those in order to determine whether to replace props.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo J and Howard70
Same. I only changed props on my Air2 recently, after 3000km on them due to vibration caused by the blade hinge being somewhat worn.

It seems mavic props have two points of failure notwithstanding a crash: tabs and blade hinges. I check for those in order to determine whether to replace props.
Thanks for your advice and your input I'm new to this drone business and I'm out for everything I can learn....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ