DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 fcc 10km enquiry

I don't know that there are actually any real rules written up for Malaysia other than flying in no-fly zones and in crowded areas and over people. Common sense and logic are expected but sadly, not always used. As the hobby continues to gain popularity I expect more regulations will appear...

From what I hear Singapore is getting much more stringent on drones ??

One thing is I am not sure if leisure drones fall under the (b) small unmanned surveillance aircraft since they have cameras. Because if it does, authorisation is required.
FAQ ON UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM (UAS) | Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia

I don't see any new requirements from CAAS especially with regards to ADS-B which other countries are implementing. But the places we can fly here are getting lesser and lesser.

sorry to hijack your thread but where can i read up rules for flying in malaysia?

You will also note that a UAS must be flown “within visual line of sight”, so the OP’s question and intention would not constitute a legal flight operation in Malaysia.

One thing is I am not sure if leisure drones fall under the (b) small unmanned surveillance aircraft since they have cameras. Because if it does, authorisation is required.
FAQ ON UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM (UAS) | Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia

I don't see any new requirements from CAAS especially with regards to ADS-B which other countries are implementing. But the places we can fly here are getting lesser and lesser.

"But the places we can fly here are getting lesser and lesser".

Sad, but true.

I know many that fly drones here in Malaysia and none have mentioned having to get "authorization" to fly. That being said, I don't know any that have tried to fly near airports or the like.

There have been a couple incidents that I know of that some people that didn't like drones have threatened or chased some flyers but those are few and far between. As we all know (hopefully), if you don't bother people they will tend to leave you alone....

"But the places we can fly here are getting lesser and lesser".

Sad, but true.

I know many that fly drones here in Malaysia and none have mentioned having to get "authorization" to fly. That being said, I don't know any that have tried to fly near airports or the like.

There have been a couple incidents that I know of that some people that didn't like drones have threatened or chased some flyers but those are few and far between. As we all know (hopefully), if you don't bother people they will tend to leave you alone....

Have there been cases of people actually got fined by authorities for violating the laws in Malaysia? A few have been caught here and the penalties are heavy.

Have there been cases of people actually got fined by authorities for violating the laws in Malaysia? A few have been caught here and the penalties are heavy.
Yes, I have heard about some penalties in Singapore.

I haven't heard about anyone here being fined for flying their drones here in Malaysia, yet.... Certainly it will come.... People being people and not respecting others ..... You can't fix stupid....

I would like to know if anyone has been successful at switching their drone from ce to fcc in Europe . It’s not about breaking laws, I got signal loss yesterday at less that a kilometer in the open, fcc significantly boosts signal to what was advertised

Reactions: sinbrad
For all practical purposes you are not going to fly the Mavic Air 2 that distance anywhere period. If you need it for that purpose it is not going to work and you will be disappointed.
It is a terrific drone however.

I would like to know if anyone has been successful at switching their drone from ce to fcc in Europe . It’s not about breaking laws, I got signal loss yesterday at less that a kilometer in the open, fcc significantly boosts signal to what was advertised
Yep, it does...got 7km from mine in FCC mode, and only had to turn around because of battery.
Signal was getting weak at 7km, but the environment wasn't perfect.

Yep, it does...got 7km from mine in FCC mode, and only had to turn around because of battery.
Signal was getting weak at 7km, but the environment wasn't perfect.
hi...
You achieved 7km thru 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz in FCC mode ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven