DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Gimbal movement during hyperlapse

TheCounty

Reactions
Hello friends. I have performed several Mavic Air 2 hyperlapse videos and each time the result is far from smooth. On the example I have here, the wind was blowing at about 6mph. But I have done others with no wind and get same jerky up and down motion. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You may want some stabilisation effects to be added to your video. I know Adobe premiere has it, personally I use filmora paid app, you can also get this in Vegas Pro.

Hello friends. I have performed several Mavic Air 2 hyperlapse videos and each time the result is far from smooth. On the example I have here, the wind was blowing at about 6mph. But I have done others with no wind and get same jerky up and down motion. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Possibly adjusting the "gimbal" settings in the FlyApp will help. What mode are you flying in on the RC - tripod / normal / sport?

hey I'll try that. I'm in normal mode.

Tripod / cinema slows thing down some - so to me best for video's and shooting pics. Normal would be great like some of the others here do - fly long stretches across a desert / etc. that don't require max stability for a good video and if parts are choppy - most simply edit them out of the footage.

I'm still playing with the gimbal settings in the FlyApp myself - as stick movement even in tripod can lok harsh in videos - where ideal is a nice smooth flow with no quick movements.. Having shaky hands does not help the least either in creating that great video.

Simply have to practice and make small changes to a setting or two at a time and check out how it reacts - until you hit that balance that works for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lagunadci