DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 gimbal replacement cost by DJI?

Merrill277

Reactions
Anyone know how much DJI typically charges to repair the gimbal or replace it at a DJI service center? I broke it in the usual way on the weakest part of the drone, the camera bracket along with the typical gimbal control wire which breaks at the point of connection with the camera. I'm weighing the repair costs with selling the broken drone for parts and buying a used one as a replacement. Thank you!

Last edited:
Anyone know how much DJI typically charges to repair the gimbal or replace it at a DJI service center? I broke it in the usual way on the weakest part of the drone, the camera bracket along with the typical gimbal control wire which breaks at the point of connection with the camera. I'm weighing the repair costs with selling the broken drone for parts and buying a used one as a replacement. Thank you!
Give them a call / email to find out. I'm sure it's based on what has to be done and hard to tell you something we have no idea about how badly the drone is damaged.

Probably cheaper and faster to buy a used one from someone selling in the Classifieds here or elsewhere and trying to sell yours for parts.

Give them a call / email to find out. I'm sure it's based on what has to be done and hard to tell you something we have no idea about how badly the drone is damaged.

Probably cheaper and faster to buy a used one from someone selling in the Classifieds here or elsewhere and trying to sell yours for parts.
Thank you. That is what I was thinking too.

Just FYI, I got a quote from DJI repair center for $366.00, parts and labor plus shipping to replace gimbal.

that's a big ouch. But there have been instances of DJI centers in China and Malaysia giving the customer a pleasant surprise in terms of the actual vs quoted cost. I think its in this particular sub forum if you search hard enough.
Perhaps US ones too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98