DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Is it really THAT bad?

That badge "Made for Iphone" is a pure marketing thing :)
As i said, i have an Samsung S8 and it works like a charm. But, because the android world is full of different hardware, is obvious that the iphones or ipads ar surely working very well because there are less variants and the product and the software from dji is easyer to optimise.
They got me....

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
The Made for Iphone label is part of the developer certification program that DJI needed to go through to get access to things like the proprietary lightning protocol, and to certify the device to work with apple. While there is no requirement that they put that on the box, however they've paid apple a licensing fee to be able to, so no reason not to. Just because it was certified by apple does not mean it wasn't also made for Android.

That's awesome and if you have no problems with it on Android by all means you should stick to what works for you, I bought the iPhone because of what I read on the box as well as what a few friends experienced
I'm a huge user of Apple products, but I think you are misinterpreting that logo. The Made for iPhone program in this case means that DJI purchased the Lightning connector from Apple and that cable is certified according to Apple's specs for a Lightning cable. That's it. DJI or any other company making a similar product would be completely negligent if they didn't participate in this program.

That badge "Made for Iphone" is a pure marketing thing :)
As i said, i have an Samsung S8 and it works like a charm. But, because the android world is full of different hardware, is obvious that the iphones or ipads ar surely working very well because there are less variants and the product and the software from dji is easyer to optimise.

Not exactly just marketing, but also not as meaningful as is being implied. See above.

I think that the problems with Android devices running DJI drones are primarily caused by older hardware. That happens on iOS as well.

I'm a huge user of Apple products, but I think you are misinterpreting that logo. The Made for iPhone program in this case means that DJI purchased the Lightning connector from Apple and that cable is certified according to Apple's specs for a Lightning cable. That's it. DJI or any other company making a similar product would be completely negligent if they didn't participate in this program.

Not exactly just marketing, but also not as meaningful as is being implied. See above.

I think that the problems with Android devices running DJI drones are primarily caused by older hardware. That happens on iOS as well.
Maybe so, who knows.... I do know that I love my Mavic Air 2 and I have had zero issues with it....

The Made for Iphone label is part of the developer certification program that DJI needed to go through to get access to things like the proprietary lightning protocol, and to certify the device to work with apple. While there is no requirement that they put that on the box, however they've paid apple a licensing fee to be able to, so no reason not to. Just because it was certified by apple does not mean it wasn't also made for Android.
Smh... ok

It's my first drone and I have been very happy with it. Just remember to charge the batteries individually and not on the hub.
Why should we charge the battery individually ? On the hup I've seen that only one at a time is charging. OK better would be they chege in parallel, but nevertheless even one after the other without manipulation is better than charging them individually, isn't it ?

Why should we charge the battery individually ? On the hup I've seen that only one at a time is charging. OK better would be they chege in parallel, but nevertheless even one after the other without manipulation is better than charging them individually, isn't it ?

There's a "bug" if the battery comes in hibernation mode, that the first charge (only first charge) needs to be on single charger to not brick the battery. Only seems to happen to a few people, but it did happen. DJI has a procedure to wake up the battery if it does happen, but it doesn't seem to work all the time. Likely no issue, but to be safe, the first chage should be on the single charger. After that, feel free to use the hub.

I've been browsing this forum for a day or so, and I've seen a lot of negative threads/comments about the Mavic Air 2 - is it really as bad as people are saying with current issues/glitches?

I guess people only create threads on the 'negative' things to get help & support - but are there any 'positive' threads about the Air 2? I've watched a fair few YouTube videos, and again, there are a fair few negative videos (definitely more positive then negative on YT though!).

I'm awaiting stock for the Air 2, then I'll be placing an order, but honestly, these threads & comments are making me think I should wait for a few firmware/software updates before putting the dent in my bank.
Love mine!

I had the Air 2, after 3 weeks it kept disconnecting from the controller, little stressful as I fly over water alot. I contacted support, did everything they asked, tried flying in several different locations as requested, still diconnecting. They offered replacement or return quickly. I loved flying it, battery time and camera! But I went back to my Air for a few months. Considering M2P or the new M3P when it comes out.

Last edited:
I came from Parrot Anafi, and this drone is very very very ... good. For the price of 1049euro’s ext pack, this is a really great drone with very good results. The manner of flying is extreem correct. So i will go on holiday to Croatia and will make some great records. I let you know when i’m back home. I don’t understand why peoples discuss about things that the drone is not responsable for. I look alot on the youtube movies anout reviews and allost 90% of the reviews are positief about it, and if not...the problem was not the drone but the pilot.
I’m using my iPhoneX as smartphone.
I have a thermal anafri, still love it even though I don't fly it as much as my Mavics.

This is my first drone but not my first time flying RC. I also fly RC planes, but I can say the ma2 is a lot of fun. Haven't had any problems with mine

Reactions: QuestionTime
So far I've logged well over 24 hours of flight and haven't experienced 90% of the issues mentioned in these threads. My only issue so far is my function button on the remote has lost all functionality but it's a minor inconvenience considering the LED spot light is automatic.

I love mine, it is a huge improvement one my original Mavic Air. The fly app does need improvements, the interface is a bit different from the GO4 app and takes time to adjust. I’d love to see the live sharing to social media added as well, I did use that a bit in GO4. Once DJI opens the APIs then there will be other apps to fly with as well.
overall, I am very happy with my MA2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760