DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Is it really THAT bad?

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I cant think of anything to complain of..

That's how my girlfriend feels about hers.
She has tried to find a fault with it, but she can't. I flew it last night while it was windy, because she was worried about it flying away, so wouldn't do it herself. After me showing her for 15 minutes that she was concerned for no reason, I landed it, popped in a freshly charged battery, and handed her the controller. She had a blast playing with it in the wind.

Reactions: NaweG and ven
My Air 2 has arrived today - delivery driver unfortunately did 'drop' it off, and then booted it away from the door (****!).

Unboxing it was great, and seeing the difference from a Mavic Mini to an Air 2 is INSANE! (weight of drone & batteries, propeller size etc).

Currently charging the controller & batteries (charging them 1 at a time directly into the charger. Will use the hub next time).

I'm beyond excited to go out flying after work - wind is around 4mph & sun is shining which is perfect!

I've been browsing this forum for a day or so, and I've seen a lot of negative threads/comments about the Mavic Air 2 - is it really as bad as people are saying with current issues/glitches?

I guess people only create threads on the 'negative' things to get help & support - but are there any 'positive' threads about the Air 2? I've watched a fair few YouTube videos, and again, there are a fair few negative videos (definitely more positive then negative on YT though!).

I'm awaiting stock for the Air 2, then I'll be placing an order, but honestly, these threads & comments are making me think I should wait for a few firmware/software updates before putting the dent in my bank.

No issues at all here. I love the thing. I got it as an upgrade from the Air 1 and it has been a great step up. I really do NOT care for the newer app and I can' twait until they update the SDK to support it so I can start using waypoints in Litchi again. But otherwise, no complaints.

You know what worries me about the Mavic Air 2? When DJI comes out with the next model of the Air, I’m going to put the MA2 aside and buy and fly the next one out. Now that worries me. Otherwise, it’s a nicely crafted Aircraft.

I've been browsing this forum for a day or so, and I've seen a lot of negative threads/comments about the Mavic Air 2 - is it really as bad as people are saying with current issues/glitches?

I guess people only create threads on the 'negative' things to get help & support - but are there any 'positive' threads about the Air 2? I've watched a fair few YouTube videos, and again, there are a fair few negative videos (definitely more positive then negative on YT though!).

I'm awaiting stock for the Air 2, then I'll be placing an order, but honestly, these threads & comments are making me think I should wait for a few firmware/software updates before putting the dent in my bank.

I love mine. I have not seen anything I would call a glitch. It has a lot of features and tools, so it requires a commitment to learn all of it. But I can say in terms of just flying, it was designed so an idiot could fly it, right down to built-in video tutorials.

The MA2 is my first drone and I am 100% happy I chose it. The drone is amazing on what it can do and the price point even better, the wife only raised 1 eyebrow. Even though my drone was faulty and had a lack of range, DJI have been great sorting the issue and I should only be out of the air for just over a week.
Cant wait to get it back:cool:

Reactions: ven and Parrotoid
No issues with the drone itself and switching from Mavic Air 1 to 2 I am really enjoying the freedom OcuSync provides me. The MA2 is in every way superior to the MA1 except for the app, Fly App really sucks in comparison to GO4. And personally I don't like the gimbal cover too much, I always fear I will break it when taking it off - that's the one small issue which was solved better on the MA1. But I can open the SD card slot without a screwdriver or breaking a fingernail and I also like that there are ND filters included and they are very easy to swap. When DJI comes around and gives us back such basic features like gimbal speed adjustment in the Fly App, the MA2 will be perfect for me.

Reactions: NaweG
theres no alternative at the moment mate,
the top issue with Fly app, at least for me is barely readable top status bar when on Go4 it was very neat with battery status bar

I think if you've never used DJI Go 4, then DJI Fly is perfectly fine. I'm basing this on having owned a Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Pro using DJI Go 4, then flying my son's new Mavic Mini using DJI Fly.

For me, I hate all the information that's no longer right there on the screen, the battery bar, distance info etc being missing stinks.

My son, never used DJI Go 4, perfectly happy with DJI Fly.

If you can utilize id.me the basic is $720 and ? $890 flymore from the apple store. It's awesome..Go 4 would've made it awesomer (for me at least).

I was worried too after seeing videos of the drone behaving erratically but after 5 flights I am very happy. MA2 is solid. RTH works flawlessly when I lost RC signal (was doing range tests). 4K video is stunning. So much detail and dynamic range. Plays smoothly on my Samsung QLED TV with no issues. As first time arial photographer/videographer I am hooked!

I was worried too after seeing videos of the drone behaving erratically but after 5 flights I am very happy. MA2 is solid. RTH works flawlessly when I lost RC signal (was doing range tests). 4K video is stunning. So much detail and dynamic range. Plays smoothly on my Samsung QLED TV with no issues. As first time arial photographer/videographer I am hooked!
Really nice to read positive things. I feel very much the same way. I have so much more to explore but love what I’ve done so far.

Reactions: FlyLikeAnEagle
Ditto, Hooked also. Loving the new world of aerial photography. So happy with my MA2 fly more combo pack! The quality is awesome, and the capabilities also.

Reactions: Parrotoid
Same happened to me. Thought it was a cell tower affecting it. Went to three other locations same problem. They offered same deal. I took refund and went back to flying my Air for now. It’s been a solid drone. Hoping the Air 3 will be better.

f246e62246e5aff69f46cb95cd513c3c.jpg

The MA2 is amazing, as a professional military photographer I am really glad with my drone[emoji1317].

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.