DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Is it really THAT bad?

Amazing sunset from the sahara dust, Ohio.
e2cf5ec0e80aef3adaa1dbb7082f98ef.jpg

Reactions: Parrotoid
First drone. Happy so far. Minor issues, most resolved.
The thing that really chaps my a** When ever I plug in the charger on the table or the foot stool that dang slippery black charging box takes off trying to drag what ever is plugged in to it. I'm either going to duck tape a red brick to it or pound a 12 penny nail in the stool and table to tie it to.
I think the cord from the box to the drone/battery is to short.
There are minor things like USB not charging drone, and the lights flashing all the time in the house when down loading.
I'm still trying to get the right control pattern that works for me. Having owned 2 air planes, when you pull back on the stick or yoke it climbs. On the cranes I operate I pull back on the stick to raise the boom. The drone is backwards. I have been using joy stick pattern 3. If I change or custom control the sticks will I find out later I shouldn't have for some reason I don't see now.
Bottom line so far I LOVE IT!

I've been browsing this forum for a day or so, and I've seen a lot of negative threads/comments about the Mavic Air 2 - is it really as bad as people are saying with current issues/glitches?

I guess people only create threads on the 'negative' things to get help & support - but are there any 'positive' threads about the Air 2? I've watched a fair few YouTube videos, and again, there are a fair few negative videos (definitely more positive then negative on YT though!).

I'm awaiting stock for the Air 2, then I'll be placing an order, but honestly, these threads & comments are making me think I should wait for a few firmware/software updates before putting the dent in my bank.
I am a relative new drone pilot. For some time, I few my Mavic Air (1) and found it awkward to get started. Now, I have flown my Mavic Air 2 and found it a real pleasure to get started and fly. Further, as I posted elsewhere, unlike my Air, the Air 2 lands in the middle of the landing pad EVERY TIME. 20200703_083334.jpg

I'm still trying to get the right control pattern that works for me. Having owned 2 air planes, when you pull back on the stick or yoke it climbs. On the cranes I operate I pull back on the stick to raise the boom. The drone is backwards. I have been using joy stick pattern 3. If I change or custom control the sticks will I find out later I shouldn't have for some reason I don't see now.
Bottom line so far I LOVE IT!

It took me a little while to swap from plane to drone controls.
With a plane, airspeed and angle of attack (elevator) is everything!
No worry about that with a drone :)

Have you tried Mode 2 since your post?

It took me a little while to swap from plane to drone controls.
With a plane, airspeed and angle of attack (elevator) is everything!
No worry about that with a drone :)

Have you tried Mode 2 since your post?
I've tried all three. # 3 so far seems to be best? I was going to mess with the custom settings but didn't want to dig a hole for the future. I doe know? Too many different control patterns thru the years and this is different from them all. I sit here wondering if I buy an RC helicopter or plane how much am I going to be balled up learning that remote.

I really like the Air 2 drone. I still have the 'old' Air. I love the sound/silent operation of the Air 2 in comparison to the Air 1. Sometimes it is hard to spot her, because of the missing sound. Perfect. I also love the flight duration.

What I do not like is the new app. I really miss the tap-flight mode of the DJI Go 4 app, was brilliant.

And, this my fault, I miss the LITCHI waypoint app, and hope it will be available soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming