DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Motor Warning; Check Propellers - No idea why

SBurke1969

Reactions
I was flying yesterday, and after about ten minutes a warning appeared on the screen stating "motor warning - check propellers; fly with caution." I promptly brought down, landed, and looked it over. Nothing is wrong. The propellers are all installed correctly and on the correct motors. The props look just fine. I took it up three more times, and the warning came on every time. I see no issue with its flying or maneuvering. I can't find any information on the specifics of the warning, and it didn't mention any specific motor. So I am puzzled about what to do about this.

Any ideas from the collective?

Mine has said that a couple times before takeoff.

I think the warning before takeoff is part of the app update. At least it reminds me to spread out the props, which I only recently started doing.

I think the warning before takeoff is part of the app update. At least it reminds me to spread out the props, which I only recently started doing.
Sure, but in my case the warning didn't appear until nearly ten minutes into the flight. In the next two flights, it appeared shortly after takeoff.

Maybe you got some dirt down inside the where the props connect. Try rotating the bases with your fingers w/o the prop on to see if they are rotating freely... try squirting some compressed air down inside each one. Gotta be something down inside...

I think you're right.

Please see if they are not installed wrong. They have marks that identify the correct position.

I was flying yesterday, and after about ten minutes a warning appeared on the screen stating "motor warning - check propellers; fly with caution." I promptly brought down, landed, and looked it over. Nothing is wrong. The propellers are all installed correctly and on the correct motors. The props look just fine. I took it up three more times, and the warning came on every time. I see no issue with its flying or maneuvering. I can't find any information on the specifics of the warning, and it didn't mention any specific motor. So I am puzzled about what to do about this.

Any ideas from the collective?
I know this is sort of a 'canned' answer to many problems, but sometimes it does remedy some of the more odd issues, especially if there are no obvious reasons for the issue after a good inspection. Try a firmware refresh.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Have you recently replaced the props? My Mini did that after sitting in the combo case in the car. only had it happen once with my MA2 after introducing it to a tree branch. Again, replaced the props as indicated and it did not repeat the warning....

on the mavic air 2 it is possible to put the wrong props on the wrong motors that is why you get a warning to check the props to make sure they are on the right motor.
if you put the wrong prop on the wrong motor it will crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara