DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 noncompliance

My response was simply to the OP for the OP to provide the definitive statement from DJI. It was the OP who made the unsubstantiated claim and I was hoping the OP would respond that there was no supporting claim. I wanted to keep it on the topic and statement made by the OP, not expand it into a discussion about DJI RID update policies.
I do believe DJI has a plan and knows that plan, it's just that DJI does not disclose it's plan.
Of course I know all the background information. It's the OP who apparently does not. I suggest you direct your responses to the OP.
I have no issue with the OP!

The OP is 100% correct in his original post. The Air 2 will not be made RID compliant by DJI. You are the one challenging his statement only because your hope springs eternal.

While the OP could have asked your question instead, expecting any kind of a meaningful or useful answer from any DJI chat bot to ANY question is futile. That's my point! Any plan is also subject to revision, but inadequate hardware cannot be made compatible with any FW update.

The Air 2 is way too old to be made RID compliant with a FW update! Accept it!

I have no issue with the OP!

The OP is 100% correct in his original post. The Air 2 will not be made RID compliant by DJI. You are the one challenging his statement only because your hope springs eternal.

While the OP could have asked your question instead, expecting any kind of a meaningful or useful answer from any DJI chat bot to ANY question is futile. That's my point! Any plan is also subject to revision, but inadequate hardware cannot be made compatible with any FW update.

The Air 2 is way too old to be made RID compliant with a FW update! Accept it!
My question was not about whether or not the Air 2 would be made into RID or compliance was not my question. Whether or not is will be incompliance is of no concern to me; my Air 2s is in compliance. If I had an older drone I would base my future decisions on all available information and expectations and then my a final decision in about August.
My question was simply whether or not DJI had made a definitive statement (not a general statement) that the Air 2 would NOT be made into RID compliance. So far I have not seen such a statement from DJI. I wouldn't argue that current assumptions and expectations are incorrect, either.
So, I assume that the answer to my question is still a simple "no".

As a matter of interest where would I get a reliable add-on RID and are they easy to fit. Am in the U.K. of course so not sure if it’s coming here but we do visit the US every year and I do fly there.

So, I assume that the answer to my question is still a simple "no".
Since we are now splitting hairs, it is impossible to answer your original compound question correctly with either a simple "yes" or "no."

"Do you have a statement from DJI that there will NOT be a firmware update RID, or this you [sic] assumption?"

Reactions: vtcats and WimStang
I’d stay away from the Autel lite+. I purchased one from Costco when they had the bundle for $900. No waypoints, won’t track anything other than a slow walking person and often loses that connection. No SDK’s for other software, and the worst customer service. You can read all the horror stories on the Autel Pilot forum. The drone is quality but their firmware has too many issues.
If you want to use Litchi, forget a M3. Air 2s is a good option as only the more expensive DJI enterprise models of the M3’s will have SDK’s released.

Last edited:
Since the Mavic Air 2 will not be updated to include the RID compliance, I will be looking for a new drone. Obviously one that is accepted by the FAA. With that in mind, what would you buy in the $1200 range? Does not have to be a DJI product. Gathering thoughts of others who have been down this road. TIA
Dji published a RID Statement. MA2 getting RID update by Sep 30th.

Read this as it explaind RID compliance for MA2

Reactions: b1xn00d and Carla
The drone is compliant with Remote ID. I just wish DJI had updated the firmware to make it work with anything. (DJI RC Pro, DJI Goggles, anything. Sheesh.)

Reactions: b1xn00d
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_