DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 not connecting with MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

crosswired

Reactions
hey guys,
tried to upgrade my Air 2 using DJI Assistant but it seem theres no connection in between my Macbook and the drone. Also, drones own memory and SD card doesnt shows up.
I've used the same cable to transfer data from my mobile phone and all works as it should. Tried on my Windows laptop and it work as well.
Would you have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Kris

Reactions: mike wise
What cable are you using? I had the same problem when I used by MBP's USB-C to USB-C cable to connect the drone. As soon as plugging it in, I would get a message the drone is drawing too much power and the port was disconnected. Once I connected them using the cable that came with the FMC, it worked fine.

What cable are you using? I had the same problem when I used by MBP's USB-C to USB-C cable to connect the drone. As soon as plugging it in, I would get a message the drone is drawing too much power and the port was disconnected. Once I connected them using the cable that came with the FMC, it worked fine.
yeah its USB-C to USB-C cable and it works when connect my android phone. I've got android file transfer app installed.
Cant really try normal USB cable as got USB-C ports only

Reactions: mike wise
Are you running Catalina? I'm in the same situation with a 2020 MacBook Pro, nothing happens when I connect my drone

Reactions: crosswired
Are you running Catalina? I'm in the same situation with a 2020 MacBook Pro, nothing happens when I connect my drone
yeah, I'm on Catalina mate

hey guys,
tried to upgrade my Air 2 using DJI Assistant but it seem theres no connection in between my Macbook and the drone. Also, drones own memory and SD card doesnt shows up.
I've used the same cable to transfer data from my mobile phone and all works as it should. Tried on my Windows laptop and it work as well.
Would you have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Kris
try different cables. my anker USB-C to USB-C doesn’t work as well. using this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07215381G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with USB-C adapter and it works perfectly well

Reactions: crosswired
I have a new 16" MacBook Pro. The only cable I've gotten to work is the one that came with the MA2.

yeah, turned out that for some odd reason cable didnt work with the drone ... used Syncwire USB-C adapter with standard cable and all good

Reactions: Thomas B
I have the same issue using the Apple USB to USBc cable and my mini 2 does not mount on my new Macbook Air with the Apple M1 chip. Are people having success with a straigth USbc to USBc cable?
Recommendations?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143