DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 or Mavic 2 Pro?

FWIW If i get a level 1 thermographers certificate my employer will send me the drone for the job - they also don't accept ME2 for roof inspections because the resolution is too low.
Only a comment about my situation.

As everyone's mileage will vary on this thread, here's my experience.

I have two Air 2's for real estate work (and fun flying). They do 95% of the work an M2P does (and I have one of them, too) for half the price. They're fast, agile, and for whatever reason I seem to get jobs done faster and more efficiently when I'm using the M2A. I do love the camera on the M2P, but for my real estate work, it gives me no benefit over the M2A's. Now, for personal/artistic work, sure the M2P wins; but again, depending on your budget, it might not be worth the difference. I've done some good art on my MA2's that people have bought. The quality is there for most applications; post processing is important, too. No one has ever looked at my MA2 work and said it was sub-par in any way.

Sometimes (and I'm not saying it's you, OP), people buy more drone than they'll ever need, or know what to do with. And it's nice to think maybe you'll need it someday, but I like to buy based on what I have planned now and in the near future. I recently saw a guy doing an inexpensive house shoot with an M2E - I asked him about it, and why he bought the FLIR, and he said he thought he might want to explore it someday, but has never used it or any of the other peripherals. He could have spend a LOT less and gotten the same for-him benefits.
There are at least 2 kinds of real estate jobs - to sell the property and for inspection purposes, like for insurance.
To sell a home you want pretty, for inspection you need higher resolution.

Inspection pay double or triple - and you have a specific shot list which must be executed correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I’d like to upgrade. Mainly do real estate photos. The Air 2 has 48 MP and is a great bird for a great price package on Amazon. If I got that would I be sorry I didn’t get the 2 Pro? I think the 3 Pro will be pricey.

Mainly do photos, not so much videos.

Here’s is my not so technical reply. Is the platinum still doing right by you? Is it still getting the job done. If so. Why not let it keep making money for ya. Use it until it refuses to fly. Maybe by than there will be something worth spending the extra money.

To be honest? I also am interested in thermal imaging. I was involved in one missing person search, and it would've helped. I'm leaning towards Anafi thermal.

Any comments/advice?
I too am thinking of the getting into Thermo/Flir system, but just don't see enough work to justify the cost yet. Also from what I have been reading up and checking videos, you need to go into something like the Matrice series enterprise drones to really present something useful to a client. Then there is your own knowledge of interpreting the data. all in all, in equipment you are looking at 20k or more

I know this thread is on it's way out but I would love to get your opinion. You probably read my thread recently. But I'll ask anyways. For a new pilot and new drone owner. If you had the opportunity to buy a MA2 Flymore for 800.00 which I already did. I haven't opened the box
and the MAZ for 50 bucks more which one would you choose? I'm leaning towards the MA2 because of the fly more value. The MAZ battery is over 100.00 bucks.

Mavic 2 Zoom. He meant M2Z.

Depends on how useful to you the features the Zoom has to what the Air 2 doesn't.

So for comparison sake, the M2Z is actually $250 when you equate it with batteries. However $100 for an M2 battery is fantastic. They're usually $120 or more.
The M2 FMK retails for $399 in DJI store which includes hub, car charger and bag, among a few other things. FM for M2 is a separate accessory rather than as part of the AC bundle.

Last edited:
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum. I’d like to upgrade. Mainly do real estate photos. The Air 2 has 48 MP and is a great bird for a great price package on Amazon. If I got that would I be sorry I didn’t get the 2 Pro? I think the 3 Pro will be pricey.

Mainly do photos, not so much videos.
The Air 2 is the perfect drone for most people.

The Mavic 2 Pro is great if you are a professional photographer. For everybody else, it's an overkill that costs 2x more.

Reactions: Jrosa55
To be honest? I also am interested in thermal imaging. I was involved in one missing person search, and it would've helped. I'm leaning towards Anafi thermal.

Any comments/advice?
Not sure if you're still interested. Autel Evo 2 Dual is currently the best high resolution option available at a sub 10k price. If you want 3-4 mo, you could get your hands on Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for 6-7k price range (based on online forums and general discussion - not officially announced).

Reactions: Jrosa55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan