DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 ordered and arrives Friday. 2 quick questions...

• Thread starter Deleted member 137163
  • Start date
Ok, I took the leap and ordered my Mavic Air 2 last evening and wow it will be to me this Friday! 2 more items I need: Landing pad and dedicated smartphone. Any input on a reasonably priced Smartphone (Best Buy is close and a possible quick pick up for me but I can ordered online.) I do not need the cheapest no name phone but it would be nice to keep it under $150. I would be curious thoughts on landing pads and sizes - I assume the 21 inch version is satisfactory but not sure. Darn, it isn't easy being brand new at something. Thanks to those who can assist and it is very much appreciated.
Landing pad is good if landing in dirt or grass to keep prop wash from screwing up the camera. I would suggest any thing to start a piece of card board old small rug. I found it best to learn how to hand land it. It's easy plus I hike in the mountains and sometimes no good landing spot . Sometimes the roof of my Honda crv .

Landing pad is good if landing in dirt or grass to keep prop wash from screwing up the camera. I would suggest any thing to start a piece of card board old small rug. I found it best to learn how to hand land it. It's easy plus I hike in the mountains and sometimes no good landing spot . Sometimes the roof of my Honda crv .
Hand land sounds like a skill to learn!

Ok, I took the leap and ordered my Mavic Air 2 last evening and wow it will be to me this Friday! 2 more items I need: Landing pad and dedicated smartphone. Any input on a reasonably priced Smartphone (Best Buy is close and a possible quick pick up for me but I can ordered online.) I do not need the cheapest no name phone but it would be nice to keep it under $150. I would be curious thoughts on landing pads and sizes - I assume the 21 inch version is satisfactory but not sure. Darn, it isn't easy being brand new at something. Thanks to those who can assist and it is very much appreciated.
Bought a refurbished iPhone 8+ to use with my Spark and two other DJI products ( Pocket & Action ) Ideal for all three uses. (non responsive for my MA2... have the Smart Controller)

Keep an eye on Woot.com for lots of phone/tablet refurbished items. If an Amazon Prime member, every thing ships for free.

I just use a big cardboard box folded flat. I always have boxes in my garage so I am never without one when needed.

I got my Air 2 yesterday. Why is everyone buying landing pads? I've taken off/landed from my driveway, parking lots, and my deck just fine... I'm sure the pad is better/softer, but this thing auto lands / takes off so smooth it's crazy :) I'm not anti-pad, just curious if I have to buy one now lol.
i like the pad for greater colour contrast for precise RTH .works a lot better if on a massive green area with nice bright orange or blue 2 foot spot .

If you don't mind purchasing a used android phone, the Samsung Note 5 & the S6 Edge+ work well with the DJI Fly app. Both are 64bit with Android 7.
expensive but i use the ipad mini 5th gen cell model.i also have a samsung s20 fe 5g that also works well but prefer the ipad as its got a bigger screen

Do you not already have a smartphone?

No, I used to have one but for my business I have a rugged flip phone and a larger tablet. Need it with clients on the road and a Smartphone doesn't cut it. I like the idea of a dedicated phone for the drone. It will be here tomorrow.

I re-purposed my old photographer's 48" foldable reflector (black side) with bright green gaffers tape on it. I toss a water bottle onto it so prop wash won't re-position it.

I got my Air 2 yesterday. Why is everyone buying landing pads? I've taken off/landed from my driveway, parking lots, and my deck just fine... I'm sure the pad is better/softer, but this thing auto lands / takes off so smooth it's crazy :) I'm not anti-pad, just curious if I have to buy one now lol.
Some buy them because dust, sand & other stuff gets blown up by prop wash into the little gaps,,,,,, several drones have received bad damage through this

Some buy them because dust, sand & other stuff gets blown up by prop wash into the little gaps,,,,,, several drones have received bad damage through this
Also don't forget about the return to home accuracy advantage if taking off from an area that is all the same with no features ,it allows the aircraft to pinpoint the spot and works superb especially if you use the feature correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13