DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Range

alan860

Reactions
Hi folks.

What kind of range are folks getting with a MA2.

Is there any accessories that’s highly recommended?

Reactions: MavicAir2Hal
I recently bought a "clip on" Yagi-Uda antenna with the following results in a relatively clear field:
1) range with stock controller/antenna ~7500 ft
2) range with Yagi extender ~10,500 ft

So a decent increase in range for a small cost (~$10). Remember that range is still dependent on surroundings; e.g. lots of trees/buildings will significantly reduce the effectiveness of these Yagi extenders. However, you would have to spend a lot more $ to get a lot more range...and at that point you're flying beyond VLOS anyway. Needless to say: I'm happy with my purchase!

Reactions: alan860
Hi folks.

Were going to Recommend the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket for the Air 2 !
The Wet Suit allow to fly in the rain and the Rescue Jacket provides 3000 ft line of sight along with landing on the water.

There are some really good long distance flights but this one is exceptional as
it puts the Air 2 in perspective as to ranges and utilizing the winds.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain.

Alien tech Duo :

I recently bought a "clip on" Yagi-Uda antenna with the following results in a relatively clear field:
1) range with stock controller/antenna ~7500 ft
2) range with Yagi extender ~10,500 ft

So a decent increase in range for a small cost (~$10). Remember that range is still dependent on surroundings; e.g. lots of trees/buildings will significantly reduce the effectiveness of these Yagi extenders. However, you would have to spend a lot more $ to get a lot more range...and at that point you're flying beyond VLOS anyway. Needless to say: I'm happy with my purchase!

Only 7500ft from an FCC model? My CE mini will give me 4000 without any ya go, add the parayagis and tbh I gave up before I lost signal. I know it’s got a lot more than just additional range but I’d hoped for a significant improvement with that.

I have flown mine around 350 ft altitude over Nevada desert at a distance range of 18500 feet. Which is 3.5 miles therefore it went a total of 7 miles or 36900 feet with 10 % battery left

Hi folks.

MA2 will easily go further than the battery can accommodate with no range extending stuff. I'm still deciding if a polarizer is worth it or not. Get many batteries. I wish I had at least 3 more.

Screenshot_20201213-115228.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx