DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - RC signal gone till i restart drone

bosse

Reactions
Hi there,
I just bought the mavic 2 days ago and did 3 flights with it (in open fields without much buildings around.
2 of 3 flights suddenly the rc signal is gone and had no videofeed, and it didnt reconnect had to fly back manually or with return to home (controlls all worked well)

i had to restart the drone on the ground to get back videofeed and than all worked again like a charm for the rest of the flight.

any idea what it could be? is it the drone or could it be my phone?

Hi there,
I just bought the mavic 2 days ago and did 3 flights with it (in open fields without much buildings around.
2 of 3 flights suddenly the rc signal is gone and had no videofeed, and it didnt reconnect had to fly back manually or with return to home (controlls all worked well)

i had to restart the drone on the ground to get back videofeed and than all worked again like a charm for the rest of the flight.

any idea what it could be? is it the drone or could it be my phone?

I had to restart the DJI FLY app in the middle of a flight once to get video back and a few times to get it back from the famous green tint after signal loss. Pulling the USB cable and putting it back never works for me, though it helps some people. If you are on android I would suspect the phone. If you have apple I would lean towards the RC or drone.

hey :)

thx for the tipp, i also tried restarting everything and could always reconnect to the controlls at least.... so probably its my phone. maybe i try out someone elses phone and see if there is also an issue

THX alot

PS: I keep this updated how it turnes out

Reactions: JackL
hey :)

thx for the tipp, i also tried restarting everything and could always reconnect to the controlls at least.... so probably its my phone. maybe i try out someone elses phone and see if there is also an issue

THX alot

PS: I keep this updated how it turnes out

Thankfully the controller keeps working no matter what the phone is doing!! I've practiced flying without any screen just to make sure I could get it down safely if it ever really locks up hard while flying.

Go into the app to see if you have video cache turned on. Turn it off and try another flight. It may have something to do with your phones capability.

The reason that you able to fly without your phone is because your drone and rc are still connected. Flying without your phone is a good skill to have in the event of an emergency. The phones primary job tells you location and direction of your drone.

Also note with the Mavic Air 2 that in theory, once the charge on the IFB depletes to ~10% it should automatically begin to return home to the last verified waypoint.

Also note with the Mavic Air 2 that in theory, once the charge on the IFB depletes to ~10% it should automatically begin to return home to the last verified waypoint.
I think he wants to know why it is happening in the first place and what can be done to prevent it moving forward. Maybe he doesn’t need a new device, maybe he does. It could be as simple as changing a few settings in the app or phone, so why not start there.

Reactions: David G
I think he wants to know why it is happening in the first place and what can be done to prevent it moving forward. Maybe he doesn’t need a new device, maybe he does. It could be as simple as changing a few settings in the app or phone, so why not start there.
Understood. This is why I ditched the messy mess a while ago and and went with the DJI smart controller. I'd rather be flying than concerned about components misbehaving.

Understood. This is why I ditched the messy mess a while ago and and went with the DJI smart controller. I'd rather be flying than concerned about components misbehaving.
I’m still holding out on the purchase of the sc for various reasons, and I assume others may be holding as well. Until that happens we’ve got to find the best way to get the most out of current devices.

Reactions: JackL and David G
I’m still holding out on the purchase of the sc for various reasons, and I assume others may be holding as well. Until that happens we’ve got to find the best way to get the most out of current devices.
I hear yah, and that's why I ultimately dropped the gauntlet and joined the integration crew. ?

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Message received.

The screen on the SC is too small for me. I will try every single tablet that exists until I find one big enough that I can see everything going on down there and powerful enough that I can have 10 things running while flying. ;)

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Always used Apple phone and IPads. Never had a problem with disconnects to them.
Also even if your phone totally shuts down you still have full control of the drone to get back, if you have recorded your takeoff home point correctly just hit RTH on the controller and wait. Lastly LOS flying is why it’s one way of knowing where it is. Easy to say harder to do as I find I can lose sight when I am flying and recording at same time.
As others have stated it is good to practise by disconnecting your phone and just flying back using only the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose