DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 return to home cancelled

This YouTube shows the screen recording. I was asked for a TXT file but uncertain how to do this.
Again, any ideas????
PS I didn't touch any controls after setting RTH

I took a recent flight where it was indicated that I had lost signal lock, distance away was about 2,600 feet.
The flight data provided doesn't show any distance greater than 1300 ft from home.
It's from a flight on 5th January.

The flight data provided doesn't show any distance greater than 1300 ft from home.
The incident I was referring to there was before Christmas. Same location but during this test, I didn't send it out that far again just in case.

It's from a flight on 5th January.
Am I wrong in thinking that the data shows a lot of "Braking" events, "MC.isBraking" being "true", at heights where it is improbable that there were obstacles?

The video seems to correspond to the log from 4:12 to around 5:25

It doesn't matter what the data shows because the data is from a flight two weeks after the incident being asked about.

@slup or @sar104 I have been advised you are the go to people on this subject. I have uploaded the TXT file, is it possible that a strong wifi signal can disrupt RTH? The reason I ask is that at a model flying site I used to be a member of, there were a few unexplained shoot downs even though the flyers were on 2.4ghz gear. A club member considered that all the events happened in the same area where it was known they had a powerful wifi set up.
Any idea???

@slup or @sar104 I have been advised you are the go to people on this subject. I have uploaded the TXT file, is it possible that a strong wifi signal can disrupt RTH?
No ... in a worst case scenario, interference might swamp your control signal, which would initiate RTH.
The drone in RTH would not be affected by interference.

Reactions: tigermothrob
Well, tried again today at a different location with the same result. Return to home cancelled with no nearby obstructions. Back to Amazon it goes. Tossing up whether to get another Air 2 or go for a Mavic 3 but what apart from about three hundred quid is the difference between the Mavic 3 Classic and the other???

Well, tried again today at a different location with the same result. Return to home cancelled with no nearby obstructions. Back to Amazon it goes.
I can't remember seeing anyone else having this issue.
My guess is that there's nothing wrong with the drone.
You just need to find out what did cause the RTH to cancel so you can avoid it in future..
Tossing up whether to get another Air 2 or go for a Mavic 3 but what apart from about three hundred quid is the difference between the Mavic 3 Classic and the other???
The Mavic 3 Classic doesn't have the 2nd camera with the tele lens.

Reactions: tigermothrob
Sorry if this has been covered, but with my Air 2 moving the sticks will cancel the RTH. I've purposely done it many times. I'm still not certain if there is a point where it wont occur or which stick causes the cancellation. It doesn't seem to be consistant. It's very disconcerting if you have lost the signal. In that case you have no idea what is happening. If it has started the RTH you could easily cancel it. As far as I can tell, moving the sticks will not cancel the RTH on the 1 or the Spark.

with my Air 2 moving the sticks will cancel the RTH
You can find more details on that topic in the "Return to Home" section of the Mavic Air 2 manual. It's quite detailed, so probably not worth attempting to partially copy that information here.

You can find more details on that topic in the "Return to Home" section of the Mavic Air 2 manual. It's quite detailed, so probably not worth attempting to partially copy that information her
I have the manual in the phone I drive my drone with and I've read it many times. All editions. thanks for the reminder. I guess my question is....why?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242