DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 S RTH landing question

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was out flying my Air 2S yesterday and when I hit the RTH button the drone started to fly home. When it was directly over the landing spot the gimble/camera immediately pointed down without any action from me and proceeded to land. Is it normal for the camera to point down without any action from me? What am i missing? None of my other DJI drones do this.

Yes, completely normal. Just before it lands, the camera will pan up to level view. Use it all the time as I'm very lazy...LOL.

Yes, all normal. That is how precision RTH works. It aids matching the image of the take-off point to what it sees below before it lands. Notice too, it will also rotate to the same angle that it took-off before descending to land.

Notice too, it will also rotate to the same angle that it took-off before descending to land.
If I understand your meaning correctly, that's a bit weird.
Do many people launch their drone with the camera NOT at zero degrees of pitch?

Ahhh might you be talking about the heading/yaw/compass-direction of the drone?

Last edited:
Yes, all normal. That is how precision RTH works. It aids matching the image of the take-off point to what it sees below before it lands. Notice too, it will also rotate to the same angle that it took-off before descending to land.
Thanks! Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Fore more RTH tutorials, check this video.

Reactions: rp6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost