DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 smartphone extender

closetmonster

Reactions
Hi,
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket attachment for the Mavic Air 2 smartphone holder? I have an iPhone 8plus with an otterbox case and it won’t currently fit without taking it out of the case. I’ve seen several different iterations of plastic mounts that ‘clip’ into or on the controller to allow for larger phones but I’m not sure which ones are worthwhile and which ones aren’t. I hope someone here has had some experience with these and might be able to steer me towards a good option. Thanks!

I actually have that in my cart, but was hesitant to click the ‘BUY’ button. Do you have any issues with it (I’m not looking for a reason not to buy, just curious if there are any minor issues with it)
None at all. It works well and is a strong, molded part (not a 3D print). Goes on easily in a few seconds and holds the tablet quite securely.

They also sell the longer extender by itself, for cheaper.

Reactions: closetmonster
The one from MsChrissy also works well. I had a different one that didn‘t hold the iPad very securely, so I replaced it (holding iPad for mini2). I don’t use iPad case, so can’t speak specifically about that.

A nice benefit was being able to use the DJI cable to connect to the iPad mini. Had to use longer cable with other extender.

Attachments

• F9C61E96-8E2C-4B65-BDD3-5025ADB65A34.jpeg
    F9C61E96-8E2C-4B65-BDD3-5025ADB65A34.jpeg
    554.9 KB · Views: 5
I don’t use iPad case, so can’t speak specifically about that.
That's a good point. I don't have a case on my tablet, and Otterboxes are indeed rather thick. I think the one I use would work, but it's not guaranteed. I can try later tonight to put a case on my tablet (it came with one that I don't use) and see how it fits.

That's a good point. I don't have a case on my tablet, and Otterboxes are indeed rather thick. I think the one I use would work, but it's not guaranteed. I can try later tonight to put a case on my tablet (it came with one that I don't use) and see how it fits.
The one you have would probably work better for a thick tablet case than the MissChrissy model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad