DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Software Isn't Working

Reactions
My Mavic Air 2 hasn't been flown in a couple years. Today, I tried to do a flight and the apps didn't connect to the drone. I tried using the DJI Fly app and the DJI GO 4 app. It doesn't want to connect to the drone. I went to the DJI downloads area and downloaded the GO 4 app, but it still wouldn't work. I'm attending to use the app with my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. It worked fine previously.

How can I get the correct software and get back in the air.

David

Last edited:
Reactions: marnat3
I went to the DJI downloads area and downloaded the GO 4 app, but it still wouldn't work
You'll need to use DJI Fly instead.

Install/reinstall the current version of DJI Fly from here.

Thanks, that got it working again. Originally, I went to the DJI download center and was directed to download the GO 4. The DJI Fly app is the original one and now works well. So far, the aircraft hasn't complained about needing an update. Perhaps it will tomorrow when I try to fly again.

I'm leaving tomorrow for an end to end hike on the Appalachian Trail and am really looking forward to getting some areal video of nearby areas. Of course, the trail is now a part of the National Park system, so I won't be able to fly in the narrow park corridor. I expect to fly a distance away, but be able to look towards the area where I'll be hiking.

I'm unclear what the regulations are at a state road crossing. It seems if there is private property at a road and Trail crossing, flying the drone should be within legal limits especially when not flying above the trail. I probably won't do that, just because I'm uncertain of the legalities.

Reactions: marnat3 and Cafguy
If it hasn’t been flown or updated for “a couple of years” then you should force updates through the DJI Fly app. Once your drone and controller are up-to-date, you’ll need to log into your FAA account and register the new Remote ID number.

Reactions: marnat3 and Cafguy
Watch out for the new RID Law in the US if you want to fly your MA2 16 March onwards. It’s been a nightmare trying to register my MA2 to comply and I have still not managed it yet despite having the most up to date Firmware etc which includes RID ready. Good luck. With the hassles I am experiencing I am thinking it’s quicker to buy a more recent DJI model which comes with it all included/installed.

My Mavic Air 2 hasn't been flown in a couple years. Today, I tried to do a flight and the apps didn't connect to the drone. I tried using the DJI Fly app and the DJI GO 4 app. It doesn't want to connect to the drone. I went to the DJI downloads area and downloaded the GO 4 app, but it still wouldn't work. I'm attending to use the app with my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. It worked fine previously.

How can I get the correct software and get back in the air.

David
I hope you can get a answer.
I'm needing some solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne