DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 spotlight controller sensitivity insane

TylerJma

Reactions
Hey guys first post here ever. I recently got a mavic air 2 and I’m in love with it my only issue is while using spotlight mode the sensitivity of my control sticks does not seem right. Even on the slowest speed mode I have to push the control stick so gently it’s crazy and if I push even a little harder it causes the drone to jerk in the air for a second completely throwing off the shot. I’m just curious if anyone has had any similar problems. I also have everything updated. Thanks in advance for any information.

yup, i'm having the same experience
OH WOW I’m sorry you’re having the same issue but I’m glad I’m not the only one and it probably means it’s just something that can be updated hopefully. As much as I love the drone it’s really annoying trying to get shots with spotlight, and every time I do use spotlight I get nervous because at any moment the shot can get messed up very easily and that shouldn’t be the case.

I've seen some YouTube reviewers bring this up. And I'm seeing this behavior as well. The Air 2 is my first quadcopter drone, but not even remotely close to my first RC (yeah, bad pun). Over several decades, I've gotten pretty smooth with control sticks of many varieties. Granted, mostly on land or water, but also a bunch of dual-rotor indoor copters. This thing is super twitchy. I'm also hoping DJI smooths it out over some firmware updates.

Reactions: TylerJma
I've seen some YouTube reviewers bring this up. And I'm seeing this behavior as well. The Air 2 is my first quadcopter drone, but not even remotely close to my first RC (yeah, bad pun). Over several decades, I've gotten pretty smooth with control sticks of many varieties. Granted, mostly on land or water, but also a bunch of dual-rotor indoor copters. This thing is super twitchy. I'm also hoping DJI smooths it out over some firmware updates.
Oh wow do you happen to have any names of people who talked about it? I really hope DJI can fix it because it’s a great feature that can get you some really cool shots, but at the same time it really tests your patience and is very frustrating. The only “fix” I found is getting far (distance and height) and putting it in tripod mode and then you can push the stick all the way and it doesn’t really do the twitch, but that doesn’t help for anything even remotely close to you lol.

I can't remember which ones. I've probably watched 30 or 40 videos about it over the last month or so. It's been quite popular among YouTubers, for obvious reasons.
That’s fine don’t worry :) I’m just glad it’s a known problem. Hopefully DJI could implement some sort of fix. I’m going to look around and see if I can find anyone talking about it.

Same, I spent a whole day following my car with my son driving and eventually just stopped using spotlight mode and it became much smoother. It is a really great feature and when it works it work but at this point it's a gimmick I won't use again until its updated.

Reactions: TylerJma
Same, I spent a whole day following my car with my son driving and eventually just stopped using spotlight mode and it became much smoother. It is a really great feature and when it works it work but at this point it's a gimmick I won't use again until its updated.
Sorry you had to deal with that while spending time with your son :( I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed (which I was afraid of) but seeing other people having the same issue gives me hope that it’ll be fixed soon. It’s a great mode that can be used for a bunch of different shots but not in its current state.

Reactions: KelvinFPV
Sorry you had to deal with that while spending time with your son :( I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed (which I was afraid of) but seeing other people having the same issue gives me hope that it’ll be fixed soon. It’s a great mode that can be used for a bunch of different shots but not in its current state.
It wasn't that big of a deal, he still got some good seat time off-roading and we got some good shots in.

Edit: I'm such a terrible dad! I just realized looking up the video it was my daughter hahaha.
I followed my son with the fpv drone.

Reactions: Korrd and TylerJma
It wasn't that big of a deal, he still got some good seat time off-roading and we got some good shots in.

Edit: I'm such a terrible dad! I just realized looking up the video it was my daughter hahaha.
That’s all good we’ve all been there lol gonna check out the videos. I posted on the DJI forums about the problem but no one replied or anything. I would just like to know if they are aware of the issue.

Hmmm, I couldn't find your post on the DJI forum, otherwise I would reply. Lol.
Hey sorry just found it. I think this link should work hopefully

hey guys heres a link to my post on the DJI forum if you guys reply it might gain more traction and someone from DJI could see it :)

I had to mute that so I could imagine the birds singing in the trees ...... ? ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun