DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 turning problem after firmware update.

Can you post your video here ?
Can you post your video here ?
Sure I can but you can’t see much they specifically wanted a screen recording of the flight and not from an external camera etc, but so the video makes sense I fly in “follow me” and “FPV” and the drone flies like it’s on FPV mode even on follow me the drone still banks like it does in the video except the gimbal stays horizontal.

So as a short explanation Incase anyone is impatient like myself: Drone flies like it’s in FPV mode no matter what even if it’s on a different mode and only started having issue with the last firmware update.

And sorry for video orientation couldn’t figure out how to flip it.

Sure I can but you can’t see much they specifically wanted a screen recording of the flight and not from an external camera etc, but so the video makes sense I fly in “follow me” and “FPV” and the drone flies like it’s on FPV mode even on follow me the drone still banks like it does in the video except the gimbal stays horizontal.

So as a short explanation Incase anyone is impatient like myself: Drone flies like it’s in FPV mode no matter what even if it’s on a different mode and only started having issue with the last firmware update.

And sorry for video orientation couldn’t figure out how to flip it.

That does look like fixed wing mode LOL, I like the warning about the manned aircraft approaching

Reactions: TylerJma
That does look like fixed wing mode LOL, I like the warning about the manned aircraft approaching
Thanks dude lol I live on the direct flight path to a major airport, but I fly overly responsibly so don’t worry, but I’m glad it’s easier to tell what’s going on now I think you linked a video of fixed wing mode and that’s exactly what’s it’s like. DJI is going to update me as soon as they figure out what’s going on, and what’s weird is my drone has never had even a near accident. No damage has been done or anything maybe there was something wrong with it since the beginning but I’m not sure ?

I’ve done that a handful of times even since the first update and the newest firmware update 100% brings the problem forward I’ve done a ton of testing
Oh so you've been back a firmware and then on to the newest firmware wow maybe it is a bug it just doesn't explain why more of us isn't seeing this

Oh so you've been back a firmware and then on to the newest firmware wow maybe it is a bug it just doesn't explain why more of us isn't seeing this
I thought the same thing but I think maybe there’s just an issue with my drone I was thinking about making a video of last update showing no problems, and then updating it without changing any settings and just taking the drone up and running into the problem immediately. Everytime too ive refreshed the firmware about 5 times and rolled back earlier updates and there’s no issues with any other update until we get to the new one. It’s very strange.

I thought the same thing but I think maybe there’s just an issue with my drone I was thinking about making a video of last update showing no problems, and then updating it without changing any settings and just taking the drone up and running into the problem immediately. Everytime too ive refreshed the firmware about 5 times and rolled back earlier updates and there’s no issues with any other update until we get to the new one. It’s very strange.
i may be sounding dumb here but what is wrong on the video ?
in fpv mode it banks like it should but in follow me it looked normal unless im missing something :confused:

Reactions: MavicMike55
i may be sounding dumb here but what is wrong on the video ?
in fpv mode it banks like it should but in follow me it looked normal unless im missing something :confused:
The thing is that follow mode the gimbal doesn’t bank it stays horizontal, but the drone itself still banks. So the drone is banking but the gimbal is trying to stay horizontal, and when on FPV mode it shows how the drone flies on both settings I know it’s confusing

The thing is that follow mode the gimbal doesn’t bank it stays horizontal, but the drone itself still banks. So the drone is banking but the gimbal is trying to stay horizontal, and when on FPV mode it shows how the drone flies on both settings I know it’s confusing
right ok i got it now ,so it looks on the screen like you are flying in FPV mode when are not ,so the horizon does not stay level when you turn/bank like it should in follow me mode if that makes sense.

is your controller on mode 2 ?
if so your left stick is up and down altitude and left and right is yaw control (spin on own axis)
the right stick in this mode is forward and backward and turn (bank) left and right .does yours do this the same.

is your controller on mode 2 ?
if so your left stick is up and down altitude and left and right is yaw control (spin on own axis)
the right stick in this mode is forward and backward and turn (bank) left and right .does yours do this the same.
Oh ya I checked that :( I’ve literally gone through about 15 times reset settings and everything, and I think DJI thinks it’s weird if they are still looking into it.

Interesting aside, due to prior years flying RC gliders, I always coordinate turns on drones anyway.

They turn better, BTW.

I am having this exact behavior with the new Fireware also. I only noticed because I was doing some playing around at low altitude and the aircraft definitely banks when applying forward pitch and yaw now like how a fixed wing aircraft would maneuver.

Honestly doesn't bother me as you can't tell from video, only when observing the aircraft itself did I realize the thing turns like an airplane when applying yaw and forward pitch.

Most people here have missed the point I believe. It is nothing to do with the gimbal setting, nothing to do with FPV settings, nothing to do with sideways flight and nothing to do with stick modes. It is simply the behavior of the physical aircraft when flying forward and applying yaw input at the same time.

Not sure why the change but its definitely different.

I am having this exact behavior with the new Fireware also. I only noticed because I was doing some playing around at low altitude and the aircraft definitely banks when applying forward pitch and yaw now like how a fixed wing aircraft would maneuver.

Honestly doesn't bother me as you can't tell from video, only when observing the aircraft itself did I realize the thing turns like an airplane when applying yaw and forward pitch.

Most people here have missed the point I believe. It is nothing to do with the gimbal setting, nothing to do with FPV settings, nothing to do with sideways flight and nothing to do with stick modes. It is simply the behavior of the physical aircraft when flying forward and applying yaw input at the same time.

I agree, mine flies the same way after update. Fixed wing mode all the time.

I agree, mine flies the same way after update. Fixed wing mode all the time.
OMG seriously??? I’m not the only one that’s great to hear honestly I’ll let DJI know. That’s a big relief actually but I am sorry you’re having the same issue :(

I’m seriously surprised other people are having this issue I thought I was the only one ? I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing but I’m going to let DJI know that there are other people having the same problem I’ve been in contact with them and they are working on replicating the problem within the next few days.

I’m seriously surprised other people are having this issue I thought I was the only one ? I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing but I’m going to let DJI know that there are other people having the same problem I’ve been in contact with them and they are working on replicating the problem within the next few days.
Im going to try a few more flights tomorrow. I did notice a few other changes in flight characteristics. The forward sensors seem to still have some input even in sport mode.

Im going to try a few more flights tomorrow. I did notice a few other changes in flight characteristics. The forward sensors seem to still have some input even in sport mode.
Please lemme know what you notice :) I’m actually very relived because I thought I was going to have to send my drone to DJI

Reading this thread, I just keep wondering what's the big deal? As long as the horizon stays flat in follow mode and the field of view changes with the drone in FPV mode, what difference does it make?

Does it adversely affect your videos somehow? Can someone tell how the aircraft is flying by watching your video? If not, them why worry about it?

You've been going on and on about this "problem", and maybe I missed it, but what problem does this behavior cause?

Puzzled?

Reading this thread, I just keep wondering what's the big deal? As long as the horizon stays flat in follow mode and the field of view changes with the drone in FPV mode, what difference does it make?

Does it adversely affect your videos somehow? Can someone tell how the aircraft is flying by watching your video? If not, them why worry about it?

You've been going on and on about this "problem", and maybe I missed it, but what problem does this behavior cause?

Puzzled?
I’m not worried about the video at all. The way it’s flying is the point. The way it flies while banking makes it harder to fly. You can’t make any sharp turns and it flies completely differently than how it normally flies, but that is fine for people who want to fly it like an airplane. The issue is with this new update you can’t turn it off so you are stuck flying in this mode. I don’t even record much I like flying it around for fun so the way it’s flying is bothering me and other people, and people were saying that the update couldn’t have caused anything but there was no issue last update and the new update introduced this problem for me as well as some others. I know it’s confusing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique