DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 turning problem after firmware update.

Not fixed wing mode like the last updates.
arh ok got ya, im sure you will get used to it eventually it is seen as a great improvement by most and it helps with your video.

The new firmware update today had me very excited. Once it was downloaded and installed I got my drone and took it up and the first thing I noticed was when I turned the drone it banked instead of just rotating (which I prefer the regular rotate not the banking) before the update if it did that I would turn off obstacle avoidance and APAS and then it would go back to normal and not turn like that, but it wouldn’t go back to normal after doing the same stuff this time. I tried pretty much all the settings and nothing worked. I’m just wondering if anyone had anything similar? I’m sure there’s a good amount of people who like the banking turn but I’m not one of them and I hope there’s a way to turn it off. Thanks in advance for any help it’s greatly appreciated.
Try sport mode and try turning off new obstacle avoidance in green on the left of your screen above take off select

Reactions: droneplayer
I am having this exact behavior with the new Fireware also. I only noticed because I was doing some playing around at low altitude and the aircraft definitely banks when applying forward pitch and yaw now like how a fixed wing aircraft would maneuver.

Honestly doesn't bother me as you can't tell from video, only when observing the aircraft itself did I realize the thing turns like an airplane when applying yaw and forward pitch.

Most people here have missed the point I believe. It is nothing to do with the gimbal setting, nothing to do with FPV settings, nothing to do with sideways flight and nothing to do with stick modes. It is simply the behavior of the physical aircraft when flying forward and applying yaw input at the same time.

Not sure why the change but its definitely different.
I'm having the exact same behavior. Don't like it.

I can't understand why anyone would want to skid around the sky. That doesn't feel like flying at all to me.

I guess my opinion comes from my RC helicopter background. To each his own.
Your correct. The drone flew line a RC helicopter which was natural to me. Now it banks like an airplane and in sport mode its jerky and I don't like it.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Of course dude I will :) and if you would like to I could for sure pass it on to them for more examples of the issue. When they thought it was just me I think that they were thinking it was an issue with my drone and possible replacing it (I think) but now that there are other people (like yourself) I think they are looking into it anymore, and the second I hear anything you’ll be the first to know.
I'm having the exact same experience. Don't like how it handles now.

I may have missed something here .... I don't have the MA2 but this is the path I got with my M2P when full rudder + full elevator are applied. The craft did not assume a constant bank angle but it didn't stay level either as indicated by the artificial horizon. I don't know what can be achieved with this kind of movement but is this what the OP want ?

I believe this is the behavior I was seeing of the drone prior to the firmware update.

Your correct. The drone flew line a RC helicopter which was natural to me. Now it banks like an airplane and in sport mode its jerky and I don't like it.
Yes i guess you are correct i am used to fixed wing

Today I recognized that when I switched follow mode to FPV mode nothing happend, gimbal react like in the follow mode still. Have tried different phone (android) and still the same problem appear. Am I doing something wrong?

I got to try out the drone a few times now since the firmware update and had absolutely no issues while flying it. This is after ten hours of flight time with the MA2 before the update. So it's a non-issue with me. Moving on.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I got to try out the drone a few times now since the firmware update and had absolutely no issues while flying it. This is after ten hours of flight time with the MA2 before the update. So it's a non-issue with me. Moving on.
im with you no issues with mine i like the way it flys ,i was asking the op what dji came back with ,curious tbh i think its an intentional upgrade .,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf