DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Urban Range

I'd be interested in knowing what others are getting for LOS range of the MA2 in urban settings. I seem to be getting about 2,500ft. I realize 6 miles isn't practical with all the wifi around but I'm not even getting 1/2 mile. I've tried an iPad and Android phone both in airplane mode. Wondering if I've got a similar problem as OP but it would be helpful to hear what range others are seeing.

I'd be interested in knowing what others are getting for LOS range of the MA2 in urban settings. I seem to be getting about 2,500ft. I realize 6 miles isn't practical with all the wifi around but I'm not even getting 1/2 mile. I've tried an iPad and Android phone both in airplane mode. Wondering if I've got a similar problem as OP but it would be helpful to hear what range others are seeing.
I get about 2500ft-3500ft with trees in front of me in urban area (NOT vlos).
I have yet to find a place where I could even test the max range with a clear view.

I get around 2 miles out in an extremely urban area(Philadelphia) before I get any issues and that's at 200ft up. I could most likely go further but I don't want to risk it in the city.

I just flew at 120m (393ft) out to 5280ft (1 mile) in an extremely urban area. No signal degradation at all. Hit RTH, and from that height and distance my MA2 came back and landed autonomously right smack dab in the center of my Flat Hat. Man, I love this thing!!!

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54