DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 V01.00.0511

M38a11963

Reactions
I have the update. Waiting for clearing weather to see what cruise control is! Anyone else know about it? Tom

Here it is.

Attachments

• F2A0A1BC-3509-4D71-BA6F-74CF260A2B19.jpeg
    F2A0A1BC-3509-4D71-BA6F-74CF260A2B19.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 206
So it's official. Fly will no longer be available from Play, or at least not future versions. It has me wonder how they can still have it with iOS app store.

I have the update. Waiting for clearing weather to see what cruise control is! Anyone else know about it? Tom
Yesterday my ma2 started an update, claimed failure, then updated the fly app, then let me fly. Now the app shows the ma2 firmware as all 0's so I have no idea what firmware it's at.

Yesterday my ma2 started an update, claimed failure, then updated the fly app, then let me fly. Now the app shows the ma2 firmware as all 0's so I have no idea what firmware it's at.
The reason that your App shows no firmware version that you're *not* running 1.2.2 of Fly, once you update the app, the firmware version will magically appear.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
The reason that your App shows no firmware version that you're *not* running 1.2.2 of Fly, once you update the app, the firmware version will magically appear.
Android app store doesn't offer me an update to .2.2 and dji website merely presents a link to Google App Store.

Circular logic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-212534_Firefox Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-212534_Firefox Beta.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20210101-212624_Firefox Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-212624_Firefox Beta.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 49
There's two links on the DJI website. One to the App Store, and one that directly downloads the APK:

View attachment 120603
looks very different on my phone, but yes, there's a place to get apk direct from play store. THANKS! I had to tell my phone that it is ok to install from source other than play store.

Attachments

• 20210101_222111.jpg
    20210101_222111.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: dawgpilot
looks very different on my phone, but yes, there's a place to get apk direct from play store. THANKS! I had to tell my phone that it is ok to install from source other than play store.
That download isn't from the Play store, it's from DJI themselves. They've offered it as a standalone download which many took advantage for phones that had too little RAM installed to Play's liking.

I've avoided sideloading the app since if you do, you won't get updates from Play.

I just flew my MA2 using an android phone and there is still no cruise control for firmware 0511 for android

Bummer! :rolleyes: :(

I just flew my MA2 using an android phone and there is still no cruise control for firmware 0511 for android

Bummer! :rolleyes: :(
Yep, clearly states in the release notes that it’s only in iOS at moment... further update to follow for android

Well I finally got to try the Air 2 update and it works. I just need to get better with it. My first attempt was ok. But I cannot seem to get it out of my files to post it. I can pick a photo but not a video. Using two different iPads.

Attachments

• AE22A89C-3D9C-4380-A2E1-57642A8A5AC2.jpeg
    AE22A89C-3D9C-4380-A2E1-57642A8A5AC2.jpeg
    612.8 KB · Views: 30
Well I finally got to try the Air 2 update and it works. I just need to get better with it. My first attempt was ok. But I cannot seem to get it out of my files to post it. I can pick a photo but not a video. Using two different iPads.
I do not download files to my app device, whatever it might be, I move them to a computer by removing the SD card and transferring them via USB.

Photos are not that large, depending on format, perhaps a max of 20mb or so in RAW, but if you created a flight video of several minutes or more, in 4K, it will be very large perhaps 5-10GB or more, and unless you have an iPad that is 64-128gb or better, or if you have a fair amount of other data on it thats consuming space before you try to add your flight photos and video, you may not have the space to move the video files from the AC to the iPad. I would think it would tell if you if you had insufficient space, not sure.. since I don't work with my photos or video on the device I fly with.

Also, depending on how the cache is setup, that also consumes space on your iPad as you capture it, consuming space and Fly also logs data during flights..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111