DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 video displays skipping frames off the drone.

SBurke1969

Reactions
I have run into a problem I can't figure out. It doesn't seem to matter what video resolution I use, nor the other settings. When I try to view the video on my MacBook Pro, some of the videos are skipping a lot of frames, or are stuttering. In fact, sometimes a file will look right the first time, but not the second time I look at it. The videos all work perfectly when viewed from the DJI app. In fact, they work when I view them on my iPhone and iPad from my Dropbox account. It just on the MacBook Pro. It doesn't matter if I am using Quicktime, Adobe Premier (Pro or not Pro), or Dveinci Resolve, this horrible stuttrtig exists on the same files. I have tried changing frame rates, both on the video when I was filming and on the viewing app, but once I get the stuttering/missing frames, I can't get it fix. I bought a new, very high-speed video card thinking that was the issue, but it made no difference. It is a U3 card, right of DJI recommended cards, and the result is the same. I am sure the issue is something on my MacBook Pro (2018 model) but I am baffled how to fix it. Anyone have some idea. I can't find spit about it on the support page for DJI.

What format are you shooting the video in--.264 or .265 If .265, playback will appear jittery if you don't have a fairly new mac with a good deal of processing power. Check you settings in the Fly app, and make sure you're set to .264 For the footage you already shot, there's a free app called Handbrake that can convert the files for you.

If you are shooting in 4K and don’t have 16 to 32 mg of ram and a top of the line graphics card you can get some pretty bad playback on the Mac book. I’ve had the same problem before.

I have tried both now. It seems the .265 works better, or more consistently. I did a test and ran both formats, and each in every resolution setting. It wasn't consistent in the result. But everything seems to work when replayed from the DJI app, with one exception (4K, 60 fps, .264), and all don't really work well or consistently when downloaded onto my MacBook or from my Dropbox account.

If you are shooting in 4K and don’t have 16 to 32 mg of ram and a top of the line graphics card you can get some pretty bad playback on the Mac book. I’ve had the same problem before.
Interesting. I have 8GB RAM. Perhaps that's the issue, which is odd because I do a lot of sound editing for my music, which is very demanding on the system. E.g. Ableton Live, audio interfaces, Line 6 Helix, etc.

Thanks for the input.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys