DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Viewing Device

Using the IPad Air 3 with Mavmount. This setup provides a great view but I feel it may be a little heavy on the MA2 slide up controller mount. Also use the Galaxy Note 8. This setup has a great feel and fit but the screen is really too small for my liking.

Reactions: hoopsdavis
ipad Mini 5 256GB wifi only, with a Pgytech tablet mount. Wanted something I could use dedicated to the drone, but need a little more viewing space than just my phone would give - and didn't like the idea of having to go back and forth with the phone and making sure it was talking to the drone and not my GoPro, etc.

Any particular reason you moved away from android to go with an ipad mini?

No not really, guess i just wanted to try one out. I still love my android devices, i doubt ill buy another apple product, but i have no complaints what little ive did with the mini.

Reactions: JTZ and hoopsdavis
No not really, guess i just wanted to try one out. I still love my android devices, i doubt ill buy another apple product, but i have no complaints what little ive did with the mini.
I don't buy apple ,I don't like it,but the iOS is more stable than android ,for flying the drone .

I am using the Tab A 8 inch, but I am already wanting something with a compass built in.

Reactions: JTZ and hoopsdavis
I was able to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab A connected and working. 64bit. I noticed some had issues getting the DJI Fly app installed from the Play Store. I downloaded the app from APKMirror moved it to my Google drive and installed from there. No issues. So far no flights, just connected to make sure it was working.

Alright, while this conversation is going, what would be the least expensive/most compatible android tablet for use with flying an Air 2?

I have no issues on my iPhone 11, but I’m kind of interested in seeing how things are with a large screen. Plus my case even has a spot to put a tablet..

Any particular reason you moved away from android to go with an ipad mini?
Am using the iPad mini 4. There are certain apps that are just not supported on android.
Since I also use a smart controller I tried to convince one company to support android and they said android users wouldn’t pay which I disagree with but that’s what they said.
So when I have to use one of those apps I use the iPad.
For all its shortcomings the smart controller is a pleasure to use just grab and go chuck it on the seat next to me — nice.

Hi, Incase the required tablet doesn't fit in the original setup you could use this.
Or incase you are a tinkerer :)

I am using a lenovo M8 tablet

Thx to neighbour!

Attachments

• 20200614_143832.jpg
    20200614_143832.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200614_143942.jpg
    20200614_143942.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200614_143849.jpg
    20200614_143849.jpg
    956.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: s.m.d
I'm curious to know what tablets everyone is using to fly your Air 2.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0"
I am using an iphone 11 Pro fitted in a Lifeproof Rugged protection case. The DJI Air 2 Lightning/USB-C cable did not fit the case opening as it is a (stupid) 90-Degree plug, so for about $NZ11.00 I bought a different (and much better, Kevlar reinforced) 0.3 metre cable with a straight through Lightning plug. All is now sweet - no issues, so far. ? The iphone 11 Pro, in its protective case, fits nicely into the RC mount.

I'm curious to know what tablets everyone is using to fly your Air 2.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0"
I am using the Samsung S5e, 64GB with a 256GB Mini SD. Go fly is installed on 256 mini. I ly with the PGY tech tablet adapter and a Hoodman sub shade.

I have never had a problem with S5e. Has a bright screen, capable of 4k HDR. Great battery life. Works on my Pro2 and Air 2 flaslessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial