DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Viewing Device

I'm curious to know what tablets everyone is using to fly your Air 2.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0"
I use 2 devices depending on the need. First is a Samsung Note 8 and second is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. They both have usable brightness although sometimes I could use a hood for the tablet.

I was able to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab A connected and working. 64bit. I noticed some had issues getting the DJI Fly app installed from the Play Store. I downloaded the app from APKMirror moved it to my Google drive and installed from there. No issues. So far no flights, just connected to make sure it was working.
You may see the fpv video lagging and a stutter every few seconds. If you do then go into transmission tab in the Fly app and set the screen from HD (1080) to Smooth (720) and the stutter and lag will almost vanish. Remove any unneeded tablet apps to gain internal ram.

You can download the app from DJI for the Android. It will claim 1.1.1 but when it downloads it's the latest they offer...1.1.4 at this time.

iPad Mini 5 Cellular (unlocked) 64gb . Bought just for use with my drones.

No issues whatsoever!

I am using the Samsung S5e, 64GB with a 256GB Mini SD. Go fly is installed on 256 mini. I ly with the PGY tech tablet adapter and a Hoodman sub shade.

I have never had a problem with S5e. Has a bright screen, capable of 4k HDR. Great battery life. Works on my Pro2 and Air 2 flaslessly.

I think I'll return the Galaxy A device for the S5e. I think I'll pick it up today.

Galaxy Tab A 8" - had to side load the app but itt works fine. May switch to my iPad 9.7" if I can sort out mounting.

Reactions: hoopsdavis
I get the studder in my video still with the Tab A. I haven't been able to find one cable that'll work directly. I was using a cable and adapter and that may be my problem.

When I tried the Tab A I used the cable that came with the MA2 and it had the stutter. I don't think the problem is the cable. I think the problem is lack of horsepower in the tablet.

I have an iPad 7th Gen (10.2") LTE model which if I'm honest is a little too big for this purpose. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on it ($99 from Verizon because I bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max) I would probably have gone with an iPad Mini 5 instead.

That said, I probably use my iPhone 70% of the time anyway.

I have been using my galaxy s20 everything is just buttery with a side of crispy;) seriously tho not one problem that actually amazed me not because of "android or the device" but because dji fly is relatively new still compared to both dji go and go 4...Cant complain super snappy and man the brightness is a sight to see. And whats nice is the Auto/ max brightness does not die out after a few min in bright sunlight like older galaxy devices used to (s8, s9+)

I am a bit curious regarding electromagnetic interference with antenna as the galaxy TAB S6 cover back side is full of permanent magnets for keyboard and pen adhesion and not sure how does it influence the fligth range. Any experience?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_