DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - Your Questions Answered

Ok, finally got the answer to my question re Quickshots. They are only 1080p. Not a dealbreaker at all since you can do most of them using spotlight or orbit, and the 4k may be added in later as with the Air 1. More concerning are the lack of control over gimbal pitch speed and smoothness, yaw speed and smoothness, and sharpness and contrast. I presume all those will be added to the app fairly soon.

Ok, finally got the answer to my question re Quickshots. They are only 1080p. Not a dealbreaker at all since you can do most of them using spotlight or orbit, and the 4k may be added in later as with the Air 1. More concerning are the lack of control over gimbal pitch speed and smoothness, yaw speed and smoothness, and sharpness and contrast. I presume all those will be added to the app fairly soon.
I agree, would like to hear an answer to the gimbal problem.

For such a feature rich aircraft they seem to have missed the fundamental touches that are actually available on the mini?

like gimbal speed, exp adjustments to the controls etc

I believe the gimball speed was in the mini. Don't think the stick EXP was. Seems like they were in the beta though, so hopefully coming back in the not too distant future.

Reactions: crosswired
A lot of people had great questions about the Mavic Air 2. I answered them in this video:

Let me know what else I should cover.
Can you check out what Geo Location (or GPS) accuracy/resolution is provided on any images that are taken, this would be embedded in the EXIF data of the image .. with previous firmware it was only to 1 Deg lat, long .. I guess the simple way is to take an image and post the EXIF data ...
The previous data with my Mavic Air, with early firmware wasn’t very accurate to begin with no decimal places, good would have many decimal places ..
It’s just for accurate (as far as GPS limitations) location use.

Thanks

Reactions: zeeeegerman
Great review. I have 3 questions but all related. While waiting for the smart controller update, can I use the crystalsky monitor? How do you do get dji fly app on it? If not, or either way, can i fly Litchi with Mavic Air 2?

I'm not the video maker, but yo answer the questions:

- You cannot use Crystal Sky
- At the moment you cannot use Litchi. DJI needs to release the SKD and then Litchi needs whatever time they need to make it work. Who knows when that will happen, but it hopefully will.

I'm not the video maker, but yo answer the questions:

- You cannot use Crystal Sky
- At the moment you cannot use Litchi. DJI needs to release the SKD and then Litchi needs whatever time they need to make it work. Who knows when that will happen, but it hopefully will.
thanks, do you know if an iPad can be used? I just have a tough time with a small phone

thanks, do you know if an iPad can be used? I just have a tough time with a small phone

You can use an ipad, but it won't fit in the controller so you need:
1 - A mount for the ipad (plenty of options around at all price points, or you can 3d print one if you have access to a printer)
2 - A longer USB-C to Lightning Cable to reach where the mount is.

Can you check out what Geo Location (or GPS) accuracy/resolution is provided on any images that are taken, this would be embedded in the EXIF data of the image .. with previous firmware it was only to 1 Deg lat, long .. I guess the simple way is to take an image and post the EXIF data ...
The previous data with my Mavic Air, with early firmware wasn’t very accurate to begin with no decimal places, good would have many decimal places ..
It’s just for accurate (as far as GPS limitations) location use.

Thanks
There is full resolution GPS data.

example:
Latitude: 48° 8’ 22,811” N

Reactions: Mweelrea
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members