DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air 2

The Mini 2 is not an upgrade on the Air 2. It is an upgrade on the Mini 1. Thanks to those upgrades, the Mini 2 is basically a smaller Air 2 now, minus some features like obstacle avoidance, active track and (probably) shooting photos in raw. The Mini 2's wind tolerance has been improved in comparison to Mini 1, but most likely remains somewhat inferior to the Air 2.

The Mini 2 has 3 advantages over the Air 2.

1) It is cheaper. This is kind of irrelevant when you already got the Air 2.
2) It is more compact. It is lighter and takes up less space in your bag, though not by a lot, since the Air 2 is also very compact.
3) It doesn't need to be registered. This is most convenient if you travel overseas a lot. If you mostly stay in one country, it's not a big hassle to register anyway.

ok so i have the mavic air 2 and i have been looking at the mini 2 would getting a mini 2 be an upgrade or just a waste of money seeing that i have a mavic air 2 tell me what you think.
thx D

All though the mini 2 is still speculation being that it isn’t even officially released yet from what I have seen and read. It is NO threat to the air 2 think about it. DJI would never make a better drone for less money.

Reactions: Order66
As noted in the pro/con list above in msg #2, unless you really really want a smaller drone, the Air 2 is the superior model. However for the price, Have an Air 2 and Mini 2... then fly the one that works best for the mission

I might consider a Mini 2 for fun, but my Air 2’s would do the work.

There’s zero business sense for DJI to cannibalize their outstanding Air 2 sales with a Mini that’s as well-equipped, double so when the Air 2 has been out for less than six months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS