DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Active Track does not follow subject

Geetee

Reactions
Hi all,

Just got my Mavic Air two days ago. While testing it out, I realized that when on the ActiveTrack Trace or Profile modes, the drone does not move even though it seems to be tracking the subject. The gimbal will track within its field of view and will stop tracking when the subject move off the screen. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to enable for it to move while tracking a subject.

I used to fly the Spark in activeTrack mode and the Spark will follow me and continue to track.

Appreciate any feedback.

I had that problem the other day. I've used the Active Track before and it worked fine. But the other day when I was demo'ing the drone to someone, it did the same thing. it just sat there and hovered, rotated in my direction but never moved towards me in either mode... I just figured I didn't set something up right, but hmmmm... I need to focus and check it today...

Hi all,

Just got my Mavic Air two days ago. While testing it out, I realized that when on the ActiveTrack Trace or Profile modes, the drone does not move even though it seems to be tracking the subject. The gimbal will track within its field of view and will stop tracking when the subject move off the screen. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to enable for it to move while tracking a subject.

I used to fly the Spark in activeTrack mode and the Spark will follow me and continue to track.

Appreciate any feedback.

I think I have solved the problem myself. When in ActiveTrack and selecting Trace or Profile, you have to "double tap" on the subject (green box or green point) to activate the ActiveTrack mode so that the drone will track and follow the subject. A red cross will appear on the left of the screen to indicate that ActiveTrack is activated. When I used the Spark previously, there is a "Go" button to start the activetrack, however, thatis not available anymore in the new DJI Go 4 version.

Reactions: MavicMo
I think I have solved the problem myself. When in ActiveTrack and selecting Trace or Profile, you have to "double tap" on the subject (green box or green point) to activate the ActiveTrack mode so that the drone will track and follow the subject. A red cross will appear on the left of the screen to indicate that ActiveTrack is activated. When I used the Spark previously, there is a "Go" button to start the activetrack, however, thatis not available anymore in the new DJI Go 4 version.

Correct.
Check at 8:07 in this video :

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78