DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air altitude drift

Izzomagizzo

Reactions
I own the Mavic Air and use it recreationally sometimes. Every now and then I will take it out for a few good shots. When I’m out of range on the bottom altitude sensors the drone drifts! It starts by going up at 0.1 m/s then I think it compensates 0.2 m/s down. I get very worried as it can go up and down for as much as 1.5 meters and I can’t figure out why. I landed the bird and did some calibrations. Starting with the compass. I then flew it, same thing occurred. Then I calibrated the IMU. It fixed the problem, but I would like to know how to fix it or get information on why because calibrating the imu every flight is annoying and if there isn’t a flat surface, it doesn’t work. Any info or ideas on this, or any reports of it happening to anyone else. Thanks

Have you made any physical changes to the body?
Once above a certain height it relies on the atmospheric sensor for altitude, this could be defective or has been subject excessive moisture ingress. Compass, GPS etc have no bearing on altitude

My profile pic suggests what it looks like. No attachments added at all. I live with no internet so no interference. I can’t figure it out.

One thing that it does say is ‘ calibrate the vision sensors in the DJI Assistant 2 ‘ surely it isn’t using those sensors at that height

Hey people, I figured out the reason. It is something to do with the imu. It will drift up and down if u don’t calibrate the imu. As soon as I do, the problem stops! Thanks all for helping me??

Reactions: Sir Maxwell Greene
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15