DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air and DJI Goggles - Newbie

SUCCESS! I reloaded the firmware and it worked. Perhaps there was error while downloading V01.04.0200 but now all OK.
So I have another question (sorry!) so I was able to take off using the take off feature but the only function for landing which replaces the take-off icon is RTH which I do not necessarily like as it is not as precise as I would like, so does anyone have any other ideas on how else to land the MA with goggles on?

Reactions: Mminahan
Any reason you don't just use the RC sticks to take off and land? They still work.

I am really new at this so how exactly do I do that? I would love to try. And how does the MA stop, once on ground do the props automatically stop?

I am really new at this so how exactly do I do that? I would love to try. And how does the MA stop, once on ground do the props automatically stop?
No problem. It's pretty smart. To land, just hold the left stick down. The MA will see the ground and if you keep holding down it will land itself, and stop the props.

To launch, execute a CSC (hold both sticks diagnoally inward and down (or also can hold outward and down) and it will "start the engines". Then when you're ready, just push the left stick up to take off.

upload_2018-2-5_17-37-48.png
Section 6 of the quick start guide.

Reactions: genesimmons
Confirmed the googles and phone cannot be connected at the same time end of story! Sucks because for me I like to go back and fourth, go to the spot I want to shoot or photograph put the googles on to get the exact shot I want and then take them off and so on. Or allow someone else to view my flight but it is not possible and I think takes away from why I bought the goggles from the start.

Confirmed the googles and phone cannot be connected at the same time end of story!
If you want to use both, you could use a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1). Then, connect the DJI Goggles to that HDMI output instead of the remote controller. With that setup, the goggles will be a view-only device. You won't be able to use the menu options, head tracking to tilt the camera, etc.

Last edited:
Confirmed the googles and phone cannot be connected at the same time end of story! Sucks because for me I like to go back and fourth, go to the spot I want to shoot or photograph put the googles on to get the exact shot I want and then take them off and so on. Or allow someone else to view my flight but it is not possible and I think takes away from why I bought the goggles from the start.
I agree ...it sucks as I think we were mislead by DJI mentioning that the MA could be paired with the Goggles and I assumed that meant wireless. And I too was looking forward for same photography reasons as I am an avid landscape amateur photographer and was looking at drone photography to add to my repertoire of Photoshop HDR shots.... and alternatively having my wife wear the goggles while I fly were my other thoughts as well.... now I am considering sending them back to DJI and using the false advertising alternative if they do not accept my return...but that is just a thought for now, because I rather enjoyed what I saw through the goggles and just need to try it a few more times despite the not so good fit over my reading glasses which needs a lot of getting used to as well as another drawback with the minimal adjustments offered...

Hey Mavic fans.. Just adding my own experiences today...

I can only get the DJI Goggles (white ones) working using the RC's OTG USB connection, not using the standard USB connector on the controller...

All firmware (RC, Goggles and Aircraft at latest firmware as of now) (No doubt out of date in the next hour or so :))

Last edited:
well I guess the Air won't do what I thought. I can't seem to access any of the head tracking features. My hope was that I could fly the Air with my kids looking through the googles so they can experience the view from above. All it would give me was tap to fly.

hmmm
I think you swipe 2 fingers down on the goggles pad to access the head tracking menu for the Mavic Pro and the Platinum.
I’m not sure if the air supports that. The goggles are definitely made for the other Mavics with Occusync. They also have Fixed Wing mode and support 1080p at close range.

I think you swipe 2 fingers down on the goggles pad to access the head tracking menu for the Mavic Pro and the Platinum.
That's correct.

I’m not sure if the air supports that.
When flying the Mavic Air, it's only possible to use head tracking to tilt the gimbal up/down or to yaw the aircraft (by moving your head to the right/left).

yaw doesn't work for me... just up and down. Only two modes but the mode that suppose to allow yaw doesn't do it. Oh well.

Are you running the latest firmware on your Mavic Air and DJI Goggles?

Double check :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard