DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air at Night

Come on now....stop this!

I've been so undecided on whether to go Mavic Air or Pro.

Keep making my mind up for the final time and then people keep throwing curve balls in.
One thing sways me to Air, then something swings me back to the Pro.

Really like the look of those pics.

I share your angst [emoji12]

Those are great, same with Fmoots. I am going to give those settings a try. Here are the ones I've shot in low light. I'm a novice and just started using Lightroom so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DJI_0162-7.jpg
    DJI_0162-7.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 124
  • DJI_0002-3.jpg
    DJI_0002-3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • DJI_0004.jpg
    DJI_0004.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 117
  • DJI_0003-4.jpg
    DJI_0003-4.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 120
Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
What sensor settings are best forfnifht flight. I flew the other night but had a ton to warnings. Which sensorssettsetssshould be turtur off?

What sensor settings are best forfnifht flight. I flew the other night but had a ton to warnings. Which sensorssettsetssshould be turtur off?
Breathe my friend breathe!... and spaces.

Reactions: Wayno1

Keep making my mind up for the final time and then people keep throwing curve balls in.

Wait for Mavic Pro II

Coming in March 2018, it will feature a Phantom 4 Pro Camera with 1 inch sensor, higher range and flight time and other amenities.

check out OsitaLV at Twitter for more infos

Wait for Mavic Pro II

Coming in March 2018, it will feature a Phantom 4 Pro Camera with 1 inch sensor, higher range and flight time and other amenities.

U dont know this for sure man. Stop hyping people up same guy ositalv said maybe june now

Wait for Mavic Pro II

Too late....

I've gone for the Pro!

A UK store had discounted the FMC and I get discount there too as the company I work for now own them.

On top of that, I'd accrued alot of cashback from a site I use that then gave even more if I redeemed it as a gift card for this store.
I also had some gift vouchers for this store from a goodwill gesture from them previously.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the Pro and goggles (there was £150 off if purchased with the Pro).

I'd read a post by someone on the DJI forum that made a lot of sense.

They said the Pro 2 may be released March but also could be later in the year. Then there will be the (most probable) delay in DJI shipping and keeping up with enough stock.
And then it may take a good while to iron out all the problems that comes with new tech.
Then there's the price of the thing.......

At least with the Pro, it's tried and tested and still gets very favourable reviews.

I may regret it but that's the tech roulette we all play!

It's arriving tomorrow but given the weather at the minute, it'll stay tucked up in it's box.

U dont know this for sure man. Stop hyping people up same guy ositalv said maybe june now

True, he said it could be March to June, but the National Broadcasters Association convention is in March AND Autel plans to release the Evo in March...

Shot last night...mav air

Attachments

• org_f7fc4216d4c7341c_1518137968000-01.jpeg
    org_f7fc4216d4c7341c_1518137968000-01.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • org_a48b4c0baaa0fda5_1518137954000-01.jpeg
    org_a48b4c0baaa0fda5_1518137954000-01.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 78
  • org_65dcb4977b3737d7_1518137961000-01.jpeg
    org_65dcb4977b3737d7_1518137961000-01.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
It's all about environmental conditions. Wifi isn't "special" in some way that makes it work worse than occusync. Radio is radio (for the most part; digital error correction and other technology can also affect successful signal reception).

The "problem" with wifi is that in populated areas, there's just too much interference from hundreds/thousands of wifi routers.

After starting to read this thread, I drove 15 minutes to Monterey Bay (CA), and just now did a range test over the bay with windsurfers on the RC. Made it out over 2 miles (10,500ft) before turning back because I was bored (and didn't want to risk Smart RTH limits over water). However, I had enough juice, and still a totally strong, dialed-in signal that I certainly could have made it out another mile.

At my house, in a dense neighborhood, from my back yard I can get about a 1/4-1/2 mile before I lose control signal and it comes home.

Beautiful photos guys! I'm in a very wifi heavy area and in the center of the city but have not experienced any interference issues with the MA. I have however, only flew out 800 feet at a height of 200 ft after sunset which was as comfortable as I could be with my new drone. I'm sure it could go much further if I wanted to.

anyone who buys anything will always say I should have got the bigger one, should of got the faster one, and so on. but I will have to say the mavic Pro has been a good bird flight times is not bad sometimes firmware problems, but overall again it's a good bird. I have learned three things. I do not need to be the first to get the latest and greatest without researching. secondly I do not rush into firmware upgrades without knowing the consequences, and finally the last..... if I can help it I do not want to call DJI customer care and enjoy that nightmare :)

True, he said it could be March to June, but the National Broadcasters Association convention is in March AND Autel plans to release the Evo in March...

There are two EVOs being released. The first one is rumored to be released in March with the smaller sensor. However at CES they also displayed an EVO prototype with a 1" sensor to see what feedback would be received. The feedback was so well that it was decided to put it in production. The tentative release is in 4th Qtr. Again, even though this info came from a very reliable and connected source, things change in the world of UAV's and business. The release of info/products by one manufacture have a cause and effect on releases from another manufacturer. DJI is not going to release a Mavic with a 1" sensor that would cause customers to buy a MP2 vs the I2 or P4P, unless they also up the ante on the higher end birds to keep their sales. Or if they were forced to by the release of the EVO with a 1" sensor. Then they would also have to release new an improved I2 and P4P, or a new improved UAV to take their place. Its a chess game between the manufacturers. We can only wait until they are Actually released to find out the Rest of The Story. IMHO

There are two EVOs being released. The first one is rumored to be released in March with the smaller sensor. However at CES they also displayed an EVO prototype with a 1" sensor to see what feedback would be received. The feedback was so well that it was decided to put it in production. The tentative release is in 4th Qtr. Again, even though this info came from a very reliable and connected source, things change in the world of UAV's and business. The release of info/products by one manufacture have a cause and effect on releases from another manufacturer. DJI is not going to release a Mavic with a 1" sensor that would cause customers to buy a MP2 vs the I2 or P4P, unless they also up the ante on the higher end birds to keep their sales. Or if they were forced to by the release of the EVO with a 1" sensor. Then they would also have to release new an improved I2 and P4P, or a new improved UAV to take their place. Its a chess game between the manufacturers. We can only wait until they are Actually released to find out the Rest of The Story. IMHO

Oh okay. I knew that Autel had multiple Evo models, but i did not have the info that they would actually take the 1 inch - model into production.
Anyway, I’m going to trust the twitter prediction of the new line of models (MP2, P5, I3, SP2).
In addition to that, my opinion is: If DJIs next Mavic does not feature the P4P camera, then I am going to Autel.

Let’s hope they get ahead of their competitors.

There is no competition, get the Pro...WIFI sucks, trust me...Occysync you will never have any problems or rarely and range if you want it is there..But you will always have clear uninterrupted video even in highly congested areas...trust me I have WIFI drones and Mavic Pro and only fly the pro now

Reactions: Pebbleheed
Those pictures can be created with the Mavic Pro , but it requires one to do all the post processing themselves. Unlike the Air that does it all within the app. Hopefully this processing comes to an updated version of Mavic Pro Firmware coupled with a DJIGO4 update.

You can take the same shots with the Mavic Pro and it processes them itself within the app. No need for post processing yourself.

Just select camera mode, settings, panorama and then the sphere option. The drone takes all the pictures and stores them. If you then press the play button (I do this when I’ve landed) and click on the photo with a globe symbol it will process the photo for you exactly as the above images.

Here’s one I did on an abandoned power station with the Mavic Pro. It was automatic with no processing by me required.

IMG_0228.JPG

Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89