DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air / Battery Error (over and over again)

Stabel

Reactions
Folks, I hope you all are doing great.

I saw this subject discussed on different threads, but I haven't found a definitive solution. Also, my issue seems to be slightly different, once it's happening over and over again.

I recently bought a Mavic Air from B&H. However, I'm still not allowed to fly here in Canada so that I'm keeping it on the ground.

I have turned it on a few times to configure and check if it was working ok. However, every time I turn it on, I got the "Battery Error" message. Because of that, I need to reinstall the latest firmware (it's the only way I found to fix it).

Tomorrow I'll be travelling abroad and I'll take this drone with me. Now that I'm packing my stuff, I decided to turn it on again just in case, just to make sure that it would work.

Unfortunately, I got the same error message: Battery Error. I have no idea what could be going on. I never flew this drone, and every time I turn it on, the same situation occurs. Also, this time, I even got a message that the drone didn't recognize the SD card.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that I'll get to my destination and I won't be able to fly this Mavic Air.

By the way, every time I need to reinstall the firmware, it's a nightmare. I need to try several times until it works. And I need to do it from my computer, if I try to update only using my mobile, it doesn't work. I always have to try three, four or even five times until it works and get the firmware reinstalled.

I'm impressed with how terrible the DJI software is. It's nonsense what's happening.

Please, if any of you faced (or face) this issue, do you guys have any idea or suggestion on what to do to avoid it?

First thought would be a faulty AC, possibly even DOA/out of the box.
It's very unusual behavior.
If you have to keep updating firmware and the issue keeps occurring, the firmware updates don't seem to work I would be raising a ticket with DJI.

For what it's worth I've never had to resort to updating FW via PC, always used the RC/phone to download and load into AC/batteries, etc.
That in itself for me is a red flag to something being fundamentally wrong with the unit or the battery at the least.

Reactions: Stabel and Thomas B
Thanks for your reply, Skyrex. I arrived last night from my trip and, as expected, the unit was truly problematic. I was able to fly four or five times, but always without any reliable battery information. Because of that, I didn't try to fly far away from the home point. On the other hand, I also tried to fly dozens of times and it just didn't work. Pretty frustrating. I wrote to B&H, but they are saying that I should contact their vendor. From what I'm seeing, BH nor their vendor will assume the responsibility... it seems that I have an expensive door weight.

That sounds unusual for B&H, unless you had it too long already. I would think the "vendor" would be DJI. Battery has only 6 months warranty, but if it's an AC problem, AC is warrantied foe a year.

Reactions: Stabel
The vendor is Gradus Group (according to the BH customer support). My order is from August 12th... My problem was not being able to fly this drone until I travel abroad. Also, when I received this unit, I turned it on and I had this battery issue. I solved reinstalling the firmware (the latest version) after seven or eight attempts (the firmware update wasn't working too... I got stuck about 77%). The day before I travel I turned the drone on and the battery issue was back. I see that I'll have a terrible headache to get this issue solved...

If purchased back in August, I'd go straight to DJI, don't waste your time with vendor or retailer..
Would be just adding unnecessary "links in the chain" ultimately back to DJI for repair/replacement.

EDIT: Maybe try and hunt out any authorised DJI repair centres while on your travels depending where you are in the world.. I recently read someone did this while travelling and was able to get a quick turnaround on an issue.

Reactions: dtp and Stabel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98