DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Battery Life

PDV

Reactions
I bought my Mavic Air 18 months ago with 3 batteries. They have been charged 43, 36 and 34 times.
After flight and at about 20% I leave them to cool down before I recharge.
Today I took # 3 battery out of the charger, power up and start flying.
Did not check the battery strength though and after 10 seconds warning sound and "battery critically low" appeared and the drone landed.
It showed 0%!
Wanted to reload later but charger just showed a red light and did not charge!

How many times should one be able to charge a Mavic Air battery and
what happened to my # 3 battery?
Is there a way to revive this battery?

Thanks!

Send that data file to the forum and one of the whiz kids will give you the details.
I have over a hundred charges on my Mavic Air batteries and one of them did the same thing ..showed a critically low and landed. it took me five or more minutes to get to the drone as I had to climb a fence ..etc. it was still blinking and when I looked at the data it said that it landed with over 70%battery. Can't remember the exact amount but it was high. That battery recharged and I stupidly flew it again ..first time successfully and the second time I received the same warning and it landed. I marked X's on the battery and put it in a safe container to dispose of but I haven't done that yet and it's been quite a while.. It still shows a good charge. I thought that I had discharged it.
I've since purchased the extra data on Airdata as that spooked me and I thought that I should keep a close look at the condition of my batteries, but looking back at the history of that battery there doesn't seem to be anything to foretell what happened except that during a flight many charges before it had reached 179 degrees while flying in good weather but mostly in sport mode.
you're probably lucky that it won't charge. It would let you down.

sounds like one cell went down below the minimum voltage level during flight this can be caused by the cells becoming unbalanced it pays to check cell voltage in the app before flight and if one of them is lower than the other two it needs to be discharged till it reaches reaches around 8% charge, allowed to cool, then recharged till the charger cuts out this can sometimes rebalance the cells

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU