DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR CRASH

MrKuoDude

Reactions
I just crashed my MA about couple hours ago in my hluse hovering about 1ft and drifted in to side of door frame without guards.

I have some questions it only scratched the propeller (rear left) and a very small chip at the control arm. I noticed all other propellers has some chopping movement if you run your fingers through but the one propeller that got hit runs a little smoother.

The drone still flys like new and everything us fine. I just wonder why that control arm runs smoother. Did it break something???

Images and video below.
1ae04fd374e14bf7effaa746bb837343.jpg
9d89efb6953f17e753dd92380d915eea.jpg
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 20180309_012409.mp4

Sorry to hear about your accident but your not the first and you won’t be the last to have this happen inside. I think the temptation to test it out in the house is quite strong but can be costly. I think you have got away with very little damage to what might have happened.
Try putting new propellers on it and see what it’s like then.

Sorry to hear about your accident but your not the first and you won’t be the last to have this happen inside. I think the temptation to test it out in the house is quite strong but can be costly. I think you have got away with very little damage to what might have happened.
Try putting new propellers on it and see what it’s like then.
You're absolutely right. I was updating DJI 4.0 app for tomorrow flight and decided since the drone already set up mind as well try it. But too lazy to put propeller guard figure I'm only hovering a couple feet off ground but totally forgot been hovering too low the wind turbulence can create drift.

I tried to swap with front (same color) propeller and does the same. Back left controller arm seems smoother than other three arms by hand turning it. Not sure if damage the internal parts.

I seems many youtube how they crash their MA but nobody mention about their control arms rotation.

MA still fly normal just concern if something might happen in the future when take up to the skies (few hundred ft off ground).

I feel your pain I would be nervous as hell the first few times I used it after a crash. I will be interesting to see if anybody else has the control arm rotation like you have experienced?

I feel your pain I would be nervous as **** the first few times I used it after a crash. I will be interesting to see if anybody else has the control arm rotation like you have experienced?
I have tried searching but no luck. Seem many people had worse crashes than me but didn't see anyone mention about their control arms.
I'll take it up in the air and test out. If anything happens will post on here and my youtube channel. fingers crossed

A lot of people seem to start their first experience with flying in their home.
Ironically most experienced pilots would never do it, because they know the Mavics aren't indoor toys at all. Buy a Tello for that. Fun, and cheaper than the first repair on your Mavic.

Im experienced and fly my mavics indoors all the time...key is lighting and again experience...it probably helps that i fly 3d heli's..... cat like superb reflexes and sick on the sticks:p:D

A lot of people seem to start their first experience with flying in their home.
Ironically most experienced pilots would never do it, because they know the Mavics aren't indoor toys at all. Buy a Tello for that. Fun, and cheaper than the first repair on your Mavic.
I wouldn't say I was flying indoors. Was updating dji app and decided to hoover indoors without moving see how it works but forgot been low hoover create wind turbulence that drifted the aircraft in to wall corner. If it was hoovering at higher it wouldn't crash.

Even though wasn't fly but same result as flying, all end in crash :'(

I’ve flown twice indoors. With a small space I notice the wind from the props bounces off couches and can make lift off or landings tricky. I turn the drone on to update but now turn it right off.

I tried to swap with front (same color) propeller and does the same. Back left controller arm seems smoother than other three arms by hand turning it. Not sure if damage the internal parts.

Well, call me stupid but I have crashed my mavic air thrice indoors and I experienced the same thing with the back left controller arm. Just a little bit smoother than the other arms which show intermittent resistance when trying to spin with your finger, right?

I don't know if it came like that from the factory or happened after the crash but I can assure you I have had 32 flights after the incident and it doesn't affect the way the bird flies. The rear left controller arm still feels smoother than the other three.

Also, during startup, the other three propellers on my air do a back and forth test motion while the rear does it in only one direction. Let me know if you experience the same. If yes, may be it is not a defect after all and all the airs are like this, just that no one else has noticed.

Make sure you check all props for their locking tabs - the little tabs that engage with the motor. If any are missing, they may have broken off and still be inside the motor.

Reactions: Thomas B
I wouldn't say I was flying indoors. Was updating dji app and decided to hoover indoors without moving see how it works but forgot been low hoover create wind turbulence that drifted the aircraft in to wall corner. If it was hoovering at higher it wouldn't crash.

Even though wasn't fly but same result as flying, all end in crash :'(

Yeah... that's flying indoors. :)

Tested my MA for the first time and testing indoor for the hand movement calibration. I shouldnt do that and crash to the door frame and fell down. It scratch the propeller :(. How to check if the propeller or the machine is okay.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB