DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air crash

Patrickgood

Reactions
Hello,

It is now for the second time, the drone does not respond to the remote control, I'm still lucky both time happens nearby, but it gives me little confidence for the future.
On the remote I got the message "no connection" and the drone does not want to respond to any command.
Both time is go's down uncontrolled, and lucky it is not damaged.
But it does give me confirmation always to fly with the propeller guards.
Any suggestions?

Hello,

It is now for the second time, the drone does not respond to the remote control, I'm still lucky both time happens nearby, but it gives me little confidence for the future.
On the remote I got the message "no connection" and the drone does not want to respond to any command.
Both time is go's down uncontrolled, and lucky it is not damaged.
But it does give me confirmation always to fly with the propeller guards.
Any suggestions?
In settings can you program the drone to return to home if contact lost? That is how I have my M2P settings.

Another thought, be sure all your software in all devices drone related is up to date, but fly cautiously in case it happens again.

Finally, contact DJI, for suggestions ... or to possibly get it replaced if still in warranty or DJICare.

In settings can you program the drone to return to home if contact lost? That is how I have my M2P settings.

Another thought, be sure all your software in all devices drone related is up to date, but fly cautiously in case it happens again.

Finally, contact DJI, for suggestions ... or to possibly get it replaced if still in warranty or DJICare.
Yes there is a way in settings RTH in case of loss contact, but as as I understand, this time it don't react.
Often I check for updates, that's not the point.

How soon does it disconnect when you are flying?
The first time it happens after about 20 minutes, after changing the first batterie, the second time it happens between a few minutes, it was in my immediate environment.
At the moment of take of, the second time, there was clearly GPS reception.

Did you try re-pairing the remote to the drone? I ran into a weird problem the other day where I had been flying WiFi only from my phone to test things out. I had switched batteries and plugged the phone into the remote (remote was powered off and phone rebooted) and I couldn't get a connection to hold. I would be just about ready to fly and the lights would all go back to red. I did the method of pushing the button on the Air then holding the three on the remote to pair again (vs the settings in the app) and that worked after a couple resets.

Did you try re-pairing the remote to the drone? I ran into a weird problem the other day where I had been flying WiFi only from my phone to test things out. I had switched batteries and plugged the phone into the remote (remote was powered off and phone rebooted) and I couldn't get a connection to hold. I would be just about ready to fly and the lights would all go back to red. I did the method of pushing the button on the Air then holding the three on the remote to pair again (vs the settings in the app) and that worked after a couple resets.
Thanks for your reply, but the last sentence in don't understand, you wrote: "I did the method of pushing the button on the Air then holding the three on the remote to pair again (vs the settings in the app)" but the remote was switched off? It takes to much time to switched it on, or do I misunderstood you?
However at the moment of supreme you panic and don't know what to do.

Try this video and see if it helps.

Thanks, but that is okay, it lose its connection after take of.
I always check the connection between the 2 before I start flying, also check, and double check for GPS connection.

But, I take a look again, and the remote says it stays 'automatic' 5.1 GHz stable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear