DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air crash

Mick616

Reactions
crashed it today into a tree, my own fault, camera/gimble gone/lost, broken props, one broken front foot, rear end kinda crushed I, I cant get the memory card out either.
Thinks its beyond economical repair tbh.
I think I will have to look for drone only as I have all the batteries and controller.

any one selling one?

Attachments

• 20200125_140331.jpg
    20200125_140331.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20200125_140310.jpg
    20200125_140310.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 121
  • Sad
Reactions: slup
sorry to hear about your crash ,and great that you did not blame the drone i am sure there will be someone selling one good luck

Reactions: Mick616
Check the classified here - to me there seems to be so great deals on full packages

Reactions: old man mavic
Ouch. Unlucky mate. Try Heliguy and Drones Direct. They both sell refurbished drones.

This will work?

just messing about in the middle of a field, trying a few different mode, active track etc then put it into sport mode and sent it straight down the field, when I got to the end of the field I just pulled back on the stick thinking it would just come straight back towards me, no trees in the field but a few along the edge but its quite a wide grass field, I must have had a bit of left hand down, next thing I hear a bang and loose live view and then loads of error messages on screen, at this point I have no idea where its crashed, the tree it hit was at the entrance to a country store type yard and a couple of the staff were in the yard and heard it so they knew where it was, they know me anyway as its just across the field from me otherwise I wouldn't have known where it was.

Im still angry with myself, I am always so careful with it, gutted. I almost turned it back round to fly back to me but thought it would come back in reverse fine but lesson learnt, I'll know next time!

what happened??

just messing about in the middle of a field, trying a few different mode, active track etc then put it into sport mode and sent it straight down the field, when I got to the end of the field I just pulled back on the stick thinking it would just come straight back towards me, no trees in the field but a few along the edge but its quite a wide grass field, I must have had a bit of left hand down, next thing I hear a bang and loose live view and then loads of error messages on screen, at this point I have no idea where its crashed, the tree it hit was at the entrance to a country store type yard and a couple of the staff were in the yard and heard it so they knew where it was, they know me anyway as its just across the field from me otherwise I wouldn't have known where it was.

Im still angry with myself, I am always so careful with it, gutted. I almost turned it back round to fly back to me but thought it would come back in reverse fine but lesson learnt, I'll know next time!
Expensive mistake but easily done, hope you get a new one at a decent price.

I have just been on with Drone Doctor (Sheldon) very helpful. He has sent me label so I can send it in for assessment so fingers crossed.
Also been in touch with my home insurance and they will cover me (less my excess) with a cash settlement likely as I bought 2nd hand so things looking a little better ?

I have just been on with Drone Doctor (Sheldon) very helpful. He has sent me label so I can send it in for assessment so fingers crossed.
Also been in touch with my home insurance and they will cover me (less my excess) with a cash settlement likely as I bought 2nd hand so things looking a little better ?
That is a result and hopefully Drone Doctor will be able to resuscitate it at an reasonable price ?

Reactions: Mick616
I know it doesn't help now but per the owners manual in sport mode a minimum braking distance of 94.4 feet is required in windless conditions. Its surprised me how quickly the MA will travel that distance, thankfully I was extremely lucky.

crashed it today into a tree, my own fault, camera/gimble gone/lost, broken props, one broken front foot, rear end kinda crushed I, I cant get the memory card out either.
Thinks its beyond economical repair tbh.
I think I will have to look for drone only as I have all the batteries and controller.

any one selling one?
Did you get DJI Care?
It is still under warranty.
Good luck!

If you can find the gimbal camera it may not be that bad to fix.

Let me know if you wanted to sell it..

If you still needed a replacement, looks like refurbished FM kits are going for $599 now from DJI. (link in classifieds section)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod