DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR Crashed and lost

Wheeler

Reactions
I was taking pictures with the drone aprox 6 feet off the ground when i lost control of the Mavic Air.
It took off straight up hit some tree branches crashed to the ground and bounced into the river.
I've included a flight log if anyone is interested in taking a look at it and telling me what happend
Thanks fpr taking your time to look at this post.
flight log

You had your left stick to go up so were you not paying attention or something? Screenshot_20181104_202512.png Edit; plus the stick movements seem to match the trace left by flight:confused:

You had your left stick to go up so were you not paying attention or something? View attachment 52353
I pushed the left stick up once it started to smashed the branches to try and clear the tree. Then in crashed to the ground and bounced into the river it hit the ground with enough force to bounce 10 feet over to the river

Unless you crashed onto a trampoline, there's no way something bounced 10 feet into anything. I could plummet my drone from 400ft and it wouldn't do that.

I'm guessing this is where it bounced
Screenshot_20181104_204354.png

Edit; looking from the other angle I can see a bounce
Screenshot_20181104_204934.png

Edit, Edit; no idea as of now:confused:
Why did you set?
Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 500m (1640 ft)

Unless you crashed onto a trampoline, there's no way something bounced 10 feet into anything. I could plummet my drone from 400ft and it wouldn't do that.

Onto an embankment, it makes sense.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing the DAT file, maybe that gives more info?

Edit;
DONT FLY UP INTO CANOPY OF THE TREES:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still trying to wrap my head around it but yeah it bounced

I didn't set a new altitude
That what it WAS at.
00m 00.1sMotors Started110ft0.3ft0mph0.1ft99%N/AN/AN/AN/A0100%Setting new Return-To-Home altitude to 75m (246 ft). Data Recorder File Index is 35. Setting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 500m (1640 ft)

Would you mind sharing the DAT file, maybe that gives more info?

Edit;
DONT FLY UP INTO CANOPY OF THE TREES:rolleyes:
Im trying to figure out how to get the Dat file to show you. I didn't fly into the canopy the drone seemed to do it on its own

I was taking pictures with the drone aprox 6 feet off the ground when i lost control of the Mavic Air.
It took off straight up hit some tree branches crashed to the ground and bounced into the river.
I've included a flight log if anyone is interested in taking a look at it and telling me what happend
I'm having trouble matching your description to the data.
At the end of the data, the drone is still hovering at a VPS indicated altitude of 4.6 ft.
There's no crash or sudden upward flight.
Have you supplied the correct flight log?

Reactions: SpinItUp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji