DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crashed, is it worth getting repaired

• Thread starter Deleted member 124477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 124477

I took off and hit the branches of a tree, Gimble is not working right and left front motor is damaged. I am guessing there is more damage than I can see. I have 4 good batteries and the aftermarket charger that can charge 3 batteries and the remote control at same time. So I have a little extra invested in the Mavic Air. I don't fly much and for being 5 plus years old might have less than 100 hours on it. I only fly 4-6 times a year but keep my batteries maintained monthly. I don't want a refurbished one back that might have 500 plus hours on it. I am a Disabled Veteran, and live in WA. where it is only dry 3 month's out of year, so is getting it repaired really worth it or just try to sell what I have and be done with Drones.

I took off and hit the branches of a tree, Gimble is not working right and left front motor is damaged. I am guessing there is more damage than I can see. I have 4 good batteries and the aftermarket charger that can charge 3 batteries and the remote control at same time. So I have a little extra invested in the Mavic Air. I don't fly much and for being 5 plus years old might have less than 100 hours on it. I only fly 4-6 times a year but keep my batteries maintained monthly. I don't want a refurbished one back that might have 500 plus hours on it. I am a Disabled Veteran, and live in WA. where it is only dry 3 month's out of year, so is getting it repaired really worth it or just try to sell what I have and be done with Drones.
Sorry for your loss.

You pose a good question. Without knowing what the repair cost will be, it is difficult to know. Perhaps send it to DJI to get an estimate.

If you are referring to the Air 2, the Air 2s use the same batteries. You can pick up an Air 2s for a little these days and that would actually be an upgrade for you.

If you are referring to the first Mavic Air, then I would just sell off the batteries, etc.

It the discontinued "Mavic Air" and DJI contacted me minutes after I posted !! I am impressed at this. I really can't justify spending allot of money on a new drone when I don't and can't due to all the rain. But if repair cost is reasonable, I will get a worn out refurb that is performance questionable.

It the discontinued "Mavic Air" and DJI contacted me minutes after I posted !! I am impressed at this. I really can't justify spending allot of money on a new drone when I don't and can't due to all the rain. But if repair cost is reasonable, I will get a worn out refurb that is performance questionable.
That being the case, I would agree. The ends would not justify the means. However, if you like flying as much as I do, not having a drone would drive me crazy lol. Perhaps look around for a good deal. There are a lot of folks that have the Air 2s selling to upgrade to the Air 3 so there are good deals out there from good pilots.

Where would be a honest sellers place to look for an Air 2,which I have no idea what style of drone that is. and should I send it in to DJI?

Where would be a honest sellers place to look for an Air 2,which I have no idea what style of drone that is. and should I send it in to DJI?
If you did, they will email you the cost of repair. You can then have it repaired or sent back as it is. The last time I did that they didn't charge me anything for the estimate. You should double-check that with DJI support as things may have changed.

You can look through our forum's Classifieds. Look for one from a pilot that has been around a while

I don't fly enough to justify the drone you recommended, and just because I am a Disabled Vet doesn't mean I have allot of liquid funds. I own some rental houses and investments. I am disappointed with your reply, just after I said of no rude replies.

@Almasbrother12 ,if you do send it to DJI for repair ,then the drone you get back will be an as new ,irrespective of what its previous owner did with it
many of the parts will have been replaced,and you will get a warranty with it

Reactions: shb
I don't fly enough to justify the drone you recommended, and just because I am a Disabled Vet doesn't mean I have allot of liquid funds. I own some rental houses and investments. I am disappointed with your reply, just after I said of no rude replies.
Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude. Maybe you could get a mini 2. Those are pretty cheap. Good luck. Anything you get repaired from DJI will be in like new condition. Have a good day.

The refurbished aircraft at times could very well be a new one.
DJI would not send you a worn out piece of hardware that they have to stand behind.
The several repairs that I’ve sent in were all good results and done on a very timely manner.
Hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction!

I bought my Mavic 3 off ebay last year from a reseller that sold "replacement units". Long story short it was overheating and had been assigned to a controller already, which meant it was a brick. I even took the top off and found out the heat sink fan was not even attached with thermal paste.

He did tell me I should open a claim with DJI. I sent it to them, not expecting anything. It turns out that I was still within the 1 year original activation date. It took about a week and I was able to track progress online. They agreed to fix it under warranty and sent me what I believe was a new unit, completely clean and ready to register and go.

I was even able to buy flyaway on it. They do seem to stand behind their products.

Flying it fine a year later.

Reactions: shb
working Mavic air's generally go for around $300. I just saw them available on e-bay , refurbished by a authorized DJI dealer with battery and 1 year DJI warranty for $ 299. with free shipping

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne