DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Cripple Geotag update !

Agree with you, however...

I do feel let down by DJI - if I had known before buying that that the Mavic Air is no good for mapping photography where the GPS stuff that's missing from the Air matters, I would have bought a mavic Pro at that point... Now I can't use the Air for (My) intended purpose... Or as a backup. I hope this is fixed soon.
Do you received info about when DJI will release this update. ( week, month...years )

Someone get news about new SDK? There are a new update for remote and mavic air yesterday... maybe new SDK is on the way...

Has there been any update on this? How are people working around this? I have seen post that the DAT file has accurate GPS info but I don't know how to synch this into my photos.

Reactions: autoperformance

I do feel let down by DJI - if I had known before buying that that the Mavic Air is no good for mapping photography where the GPS stuff that's missing from the Air matters, I would have bought a mavic Pro at that point... Now I can't use the Air for (My) intended purpose... Or as a backup. I hope this is fixed soon.
Same here.

It is the 2nd cheapest of their range ........sell it and buy the better models!

Dear Andre,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

In regards to the issue you have encountered, wherein "the Photos taken by drone not accurate, is out by 15-30m and this is caused because the Latitude and Longitude ignore some of the decimal values of the seconds reading in the HH:MM:SS value". This has been forwarded to our Research and Development Department, and as per advised, the GPS latitude and Longitude which show in pictures properties will Improve accuracy in the next firmware. Thank you so much for your understanding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: DJI Support – Here for You – DJI

Have a great day!

DJI Customer Support

YouTube: DJI Support

Dear Andre,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

In regards to the issue you have encountered, wherein "the Photos taken by drone not accurate, is out by 15-30m and this is caused because the Latitude and Longitude ignore some of the decimal values of the seconds reading in the HH:MM:SS value". This has been forwarded to our Research and Development Department, and as per advised, the GPS latitude and Longitude which show in pictures properties will Improve accuracy in the next firmware. Thank you so much for your understanding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: [email protected]
Online Support: DJI Support – Here for You – DJI

Have a great day!

DJI Customer Support

YouTube: DJI Support

Great response (if they actualy follow up with it), i feel that this is somethign that we all need to make contact with DJI about in the Mavic Air comunity. I did my first map the other day and gutted at how far out everthing was out when i uploaded it to maps made easy. I am sending in my support ticket now.

Just to add to my reply, make sure you list the following in your support request see attcahed file.

Also once I logged the ticket, there is an inline support option and links you directly with support and I spoke to them and listed my ticket number with him and got an reply two hours later from the development team.

Thanks

André

Attachments

• 14E8C1E4-4055-4620-AD4F-09D53C7D83FD.jpeg
    14E8C1E4-4055-4620-AD4F-09D53C7D83FD.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 51
Good morning all,

The Lat Long decimal issue was fixed with latest firmware, please test.

Regards,

Andre
Thanks for thr update Andre. That's great news! I'm amazed. When I read thr release notes and it was not on there I was assuming that it was never going to happen. Well done DJI for listening to us. Going to go test it out when the weather clears!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys