DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Day 2

moiled

Reactions
Day 2 with the Mavic Air - so far so good.

Day 1 was scary for an unusual reason - make sure the dog belonging to one of your mates is nowhere around LOL. Their dog went nuts and was jumping off the ground chasing the MA. As a result i quickly got it up about 10 metres. I was worried the battery would run out before we got rid of the dog. Luckily we did and whilst not having done anything dramatic in terms of testing, the MA did not take off for China :)

Day 2 (today):

Flew from my garden with all 3 batteries. More acceptance testing really. I am really glad i bought a landing pad as we have kikuyu grass and that stuff is real tough and i reckon would shred the props/motors. I think the extended landing gear/legs will be a good purchase.

We have a 4g transmitter real close so i was concerned it might cause interference hence not flying too far. I was worried about RTH but tried it twice and was very pleased how well it worked. I had read somewhere that the 5 GHz band would be less susceptible to interference albeit with less range so i went with this.

I had an earlier drone from DJI but have not been flying drones for a few years and i had forgotten that when it is flying back to you the fly left and right is reversed. Spent most of the time practising landings and trying to get the perspective in my brain so i know the MA is centered over the landing pad.

All in all great fun - my one concern is going to be keeping an eye on it when i push it out further in its range. Also interesting how much the tech has improved over the last few years.

Congrats on your early flights. I always felt nervous in my early days, its a lot of money that can just fly off and disappear in the wrong circumstances. Just work your way up to distance, observe all the local laws, and stay away from people, you'll be good in no time.

... Spent most of the time practicing landings and trying to get the perspective in my brain so i know the MA is centered over the landing pad....
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Point the camera straight down to line up with your pad.

Reactions: Ds67888 and moiled
PLEASE LOOKING FOR HELP

I just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and downloaded the DJI go 4 app to my phone. When I try to create the new account I enter my Email address. When I go to create a password I enter the password twice. When I hit enter it deletes my password. No explanation of what I did wrong, its just starts over again. I have been at this for 3 hours and ready to return the drone itself.
Have you tried different browsers and devices? Have you tried with an actual computer?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser