DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air drifting to the left

Shon

Reactions
On my last couple of flights, My Air has been drifting to the left quite noticeably, and does not seem to be self correcting. GPS in both locations was probably not ideal, 4-5 bars.

It is a fairly new drone, hasn’t been up in the air all that much. No crashes, no hard landings, a visual inspection of the props yields nothing.

I ran through controller calibration yesterday but with bad weather coming in this weekend, I probably won’t have much of a chance to fly. Should I consider IMU calibration?

Funny you mentioned the drifting.... ...I was watching a few videos this morning about that same subject. This one made me chuckle the most...but he explains how to resolve the issue you have.

It's for a Mavic 2.....but... close enough

Funny you mentioned the drifting.... ...I was watching a few videos this morning about that same subject. This one made me chuckle the most...but he explains how to resolve the issue you have.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

If your Mavic Air is drifting, you are flying in ‘ATTI’ mode, not GPS mode. You should YouTube what the difference is. I had to have two crashes before fully understanding the difference. Expensive way to learn, on my part!

Long and short is, don’t fly, without being connected to at least 10 satellites, ideally more.

If your Mavic Air is drifting, you are flying in ‘ATTI’ mode, not GPS mode. You should YouTube what the difference is. I had to have two crashes before fully understanding the difference. Expensive way to learn, on my part!

Long and short is, don’t fly, without being connected to at least 10 satellites, ideally more.

No, definitely In GPS mode. That said, I have never been impressed with the stability of this drone. I thought maybe my expectations were too high. My GoPro Karma holds position better.

I will calibrate the IMU and see if that does the trick.

Shon, you may have a problem. My MA is rock solid when it comes to holding position. It does its dance in high wind situations and if it is over water (oddly, the dance is up and down when it is over water) but is otherwise pretty solid. Have you done an IMU calibration since getting it? I did that on day one. Make sure the surface is perfectly flat when you do the IMU calibration.

Shon, you may have a problem. My MA is rock solid when it comes to holding position. It does its dance in high wind situations and if it is over water (oddly, the dance is up and down when it is over water) but is otherwise pretty solid. Have you done an IMU calibration since getting it? I did that on day one. Make sure the surface is perfectly flat when you do the IMU calibration.

NO...I have not done an IMU calibration yet...planning to do so... pretty confident that will solve the issue.

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los pasos de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los palos. Hay que sacar el palo que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta es, probablemente, una relación entre los resultados del potenciómetro que funciona correctamente y causa la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Veran que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada