DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air errors

Mholmelund

Reactions
I just got a a load of errors. Out of nowhere. Just a few days after the guarantee expired. Is there a pattern here? I s there an inborn expiration? Seems like quite a few get the same problem. My MA has only been used for a few hours and never had a crash or any other incidents.

Attachments

• B2C5A8E9-A816-474D-A96C-D64236A47B85.jpeg
    B2C5A8E9-A816-474D-A96C-D64236A47B85.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Wow
Reactions: Prismatic
I just got a a load of errors. Out of nowhere. Just a few days after the guarantee expired. Is there a pattern here? I s there an inborn expiration? Seems like quite a few get the same problem. My MA has only been used for a few hours and never had a crash or any other incidents.
You should recalibrate the IMU, that much is clear, but that doesn't address the gimbal errors. It's as if it did suffer a crash, or the equivalent.

If power down and power back up doesn’t clear it, and attempted calibration fails, it is an electrical problem in the drone, most likely from a physical shock, like a crash or drop. A cable that has come loose would be where I would start.

Thank you. As I wrote no crashes or rough landings. I’m not allowed to recalibrate any parameters. I’ve requested a repair. Unfortunately this happened just a few days after end of guarantee.

My Mavic Air went past its first birthday without:
  • any offer from DJI to extend my warranty
  • any noticeable increase in errors reported (usual compass and sticks calibration are common; IMU only twice in 12 months)
Never had a heavy landing, but did have two less controlled than I wanted...

I would suspect that there is something a bit off with the gimbal connector.

Does the gimbal movement still work and the gimbal calibration still complete successfully?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78