DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air fixed very quickly

I dropped the drone onto the ground from an unzipped carrying bag. The drone was off.
just want to check again, you bear the cost of shipment from you to DJI? where are you located bay the way, if you don't mind?

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost for them to replace the plastic body? I lost my signal as I was trying to land on my porch and the drone drifted into the side of my house. The crash left some scratches on the top of the body. I was able to clean and buff them out a little but they are still noticeable. Not a huge deal but it still bothers me a little especially after how much I spent on it. I actually have an open return ticket with Amazon but am hesitant to follow through with it. Seems like frivolous reason to return an otherwise perfectly good product.

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost for them to replace the plastic body? I lost my signal as I was trying to land on my porch and the drone drifted into the side of my house. The crash left some scratches on the top of the body. I was able to clean and buff them out a little but they are still noticeable. Not a huge deal but it still bothers me a little especially after how much I spent on it. I actually have an open return ticket with Amazon but am hesitant to follow through with it. Seems like frivolous reason to return an otherwise perfectly good product.
The labor rate is 65.00 an hour plus parts if it's not under warranty.
If you lost signal and that caused you to crash it will be in the log and they will cover it ..
If they feel it was pilot error you'll get a invoice..
The most it would cost is around 150.00 I'm guessing..
Amazon will take it back in most cases..
It's up to you to decide if you feel ok with returning it or to send it in..
It's possible you might get a new one also..
I crashed my mavic pro into a tree and the repair cost was 260.00 .. they sent a new or refurbished MP back..i can't tell the difference..

Thanks, that's good to know. I bought this bad boy with the funds I saved from kicking my smoking habit so it's not like I'm rolling in it but I could manage $150. Anything more would be pushing it. I can't imagine it would take that long to fix and maybe I'd luck out and DJI would cover it. I have no problem taking some of the blame because it was dusk out at the time and I was close to my house which caused the obstruction. It does suck that it lost signal so easily but in my opinion those are the risks you take when you fly in less than ideal conditions. It's great that Amazon is so customer friendly but I'd rather not take advantage of it.

Thanks, that's good to know. I bought this bad boy with the funds I saved from kicking my smoking habit so it's not like I'm rolling in it but I could manage $150. Anything more would be pushing it. I can't imagine it would take that long to fix and maybe I'd luck out and DJI would cover it. I have no problem taking some of the blame because it was dusk out at the time and I was close to my house which caused the obstruction. It does suck that it lost signal so easily but in my opinion those are the risks you take when you fly in less than ideal conditions. It's great that Amazon is so customer friendly but I'd rather not take advantage of it.
Yes Amazon is great when it comes to customer service and DJI is doing a much better job and keeps improving ..
That being said if you take responsibility for your part in the crash you will get an invoice..
Unfortunately one area they need to improve on is when it comes to assigning fault..
I'm sure 90 percent of their customers are honest, but the 10 percent that aren't make DJI suspicious of all the rest of us which leads to them saying the wrong thing..

Reactions: zwt100
Not a huge deal but it still bothers me a little especially after how much I spent on it.
If you want a nickels worth of free advice...
live with the character scratch and move on..
put a sticker or whatever over it and wait until the next crash.
just like there's two kind of motorcycle riders same is true with drones...that is if you fly um, if you know what I mean..

Reactions: Coskier and zwt100
just want to check again, you bear the cost of shipment from you to DJI? where are you located bay the way, if you don't mind?

Shipment was free once I created the repair ticket online. I'm in California.

Repair Component Price Inquiry

Reactions: zwt100
I think they gave him a new one it was prob beyond repair
With all their money shouldn’t have charged

You shouldn’t have posted or told them you dropped it should have said you were flying it lost signal and it fell
Maybe that’s why you’re getting charged
Just a thought
maybe he values being honest

Reactions: ebrandon
Just in the interest of getting accurate information out there...

Last Monday I dropped my Mavic Air. It was off, it just fell three feet from my open bag onto the ground.
Next time I tried to fly it I had multiple errors (IMU, accelerometer, gimbal) and trying resets & calibrations didn't work.

So on Monday afternoon I created a repair ticket on DJI's website, and sent them the drone via UPS.
UPS Delivered it to them on Wednesday.
On Thursday they diagnosed the problem and sent me a repair authorization request. I paid, and by the end of day Thursday the drone was repaired.
Today, Friday morning, the drone is with UPS on its way back to me.

Based on all the "horror stories" I had heard about DJI's support service, I was expecting it would take 4-8 weeks to get my drone back. Instead DJI received it, diagnosed it, repaired it, and shipped it back to me in 3 days!
ho lo stesso problema solo che il drone mi è arrivato oggi e non ha mai volato.

Just in the interest of getting accurate information out there...

Last Monday I dropped my Mavic Air. It was off, it just fell three feet from my open bag onto the ground.
Next time I tried to fly it I had multiple errors (IMU, accelerometer, gimbal) and trying resets & calibrations didn't work.

So on Monday afternoon I created a repair ticket on DJI's website, and sent them the drone via UPS.
UPS Delivered it to them on Wednesday.
On Thursday they diagnosed the problem and sent me a repair authorization request. I paid, and by the end of day Thursday the drone was repaired.
Today, Friday morning, the drone is with UPS on its way back to me.

Based on all the "horror stories" I had heard about DJI's support service, I was expecting it would take 4-8 weeks to get my drone back. Instead DJI received it, diagnosed it, repaired it, and shipped it back to me in 3 days!

Where are you located?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos