DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air flew away and crashed without me touching the sticks

Whiterhino496

Reactions
Hello everyone, I’ll post the flight records when I figure out how to export them on an iPhone. But yesterday I was flying my Mavic air and everything was normal until I went to my second location. It asked me to recalibrate the compass, and I did, but once I pressed the take off button it started flying southeast speeding up to about 35 mph. I finally tried pressing the sticks to make it stop but it just kept flying until it hit a tree and broke off the post, broke the props, and broke the camera gimbal. What happened? Is there anything DJI can do? When I buy a $900 drone I don’t expect it to just fly away at random

Sounds like a classic compass error due to interference. Post your log and someone will soon tell you. Do you have DJI Care Refresh? Because if it was external interference you won’t be able to make a warranty claim

Sounds like a classic compass error due to interference. Post your log and someone will soon tell you. Do you have DJI Care Refresh? Because if it was external interference you won’t be able to make a warranty claim
Will I be able to make a claim if I do have refresh? Because I did get it

Will I be able to make a claim if I do have refresh? Because I did get it
Yep, that’s what it’s for (as long as you’ve recovered the MA - which you have)

I’d get your flight log posted ASAP, you’ll be amazed how quickly someone will analyse it for you

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada