DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air flys and climbs slow

Pappy44

Reactions
I just got my MA, and I wasn't expecting it to be a race car outside of sport mode. I have the object avoidance on, and the prop guards now. I don't get over 15 mph forward speed. Also, it climbs like a elephant trying to climb a tree. I am assuming this is all because the OA is on and it governs itself down because it needs time to stop. Will that get better if I take it off? I am thinking specifically about the climb/descent rate. Thanks!

Reactions: MrEdCeD
Confirmed non beginners mode...ditched prop guards and same thing. Descent speed even on sport mode was only 3 mph. Climb was 3.2 mph. hmmmm
Houston we have a problem— message msinger he will figure it out

Reactions: dbrown
I’m thinking you are stuck in beginners mode. Make sure you turn it off restart everything and retry— if that does not work talk to msinger

Roger that..tired and no go. I am wondering if it is seeing the trees on the side of the street and slowing down...but that wouldn't account for the slow climb and descent rate...ok, pms msinger. thanks!

If you turn off forward and backward obstacle sensing does it speed up? I've noticed this same thing flying around my backyard below fence level - I assumed it just goes into nerf mode if it sees any obstacles near by.

I find pmode in general quite slow. I also use cinematic mode for shooting. Sport mode is a whole new story

So not in tripod mode...meant to fly without obstacle sensing off and didn't get a chance...hopefully tomorrow...and in sport mode yesterday got it up to 41 mph, so I am leaning towards it being the OA that is governing it. Will find out tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips guys. Love this little thing so far!

I just got my mavic air and it climbs and comes down slow. Its slow to spin around too. Not in beginner mode but its so annoying that I feel like returning it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman