DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal error + motor overspeed

MaviAir1975

Reactions
My first problem with my Mavic Air from about 7h total flight time.
I was on top of Lake Maggiore and after the usual check for signs strength, home position, MAX height and others on my checklist (mental so far) I went for a short flight. I can preannounced that I am always pretty afraid when I am a top of a water because you can just imagine if something goes wrong. Also I think I don't have still enough experience with the drone due to my very limited time on using it.
I also can say there was a light wind but maybe on the lake it was a little bit higher. I could see some sail ship going around a relative high speed (I really believe that was my main problem). The wind speed registered for that day by AirData was 2.5 m/s.
As soon as it was about 100m away from me and I start to get error (Gimbal error, motor overspeed I think ...) I pushed pause and then start to pitch down and move forward to me (no sport mode). The drone was responsive but the image was very shaking (I think it was just the gimbal). After some effort because of the amount of information ℹ I was receiving, I got close to the shore and landed. I want also to mention I mounted some extension feet because I was taking off from a sand beach (actually little stones).
After post processing the video I can see a lot of oscillation on the gimbal. The drone itself looks stable as far as I can see.
DJGO 4 app:
  1. Backward obstacle sensing not working
  2. the the gimbal looks moving a lot (the right slider)
I attached the two files that I understood give some log information and data for a future analysis of the problem. Of course I want to learn from you also how I can understand it by myself by those and by reading your answer.

Fortunately it didn't crash.
I will do few checks today in a calm condition and at a safe field for paraglider close by.
Just a note: what is the purpose on the .SRT file on the SD card (F:\DCIM\100MEDIA)? Can it be used in some way?

Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

Attachments

• 19-06-01-01-35-13_FLY015.DAT
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-06-01_[13-42-41].txt
    294.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I did my tests on the mentioned field and everything was normal. The video was stable and I got any errors on my two battery packs. Then I believe the wind was the problem.

had to be...I never fly in windy conditions (too scared) probably because of what you experienced... I flew at Lake New Hogan (Valley Springs, CA) last weekend to practice my flying... and make a new pc screensaver :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002